Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K-R wheel not working......

legaldr
Posted 13/12/2015 - 07:40 Link
I have a K-R and the wheel will not change the aperture nor the shutter speed. I read the manual and have followed all of the steps. Grrrr!! What am I not doing or doing wrong?
fatspider
Posted 13/12/2015 - 09:15 Link
Some of the cameras "Program" modes may disable the dial, try switching to Av and try it.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
geordie01
Posted 13/12/2015 - 09:25 Link
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/116-pentax-k-r/145847-k-r-e-dial-repair.html
I just squirted some contact cleaner into the wheel and it worked!!
johnriley
Posted 13/12/2015 - 09:33 Link
A possible cause of the wheel not working is being too quick to use it. It may not operate while the camera is busy doing something else, such as saving an image or doing dark frame subtraction for a long exposure. I have seen this effect, so for at least some models it could be something to be aware of.
Best regards, John
Mag07
Posted 13/12/2015 - 17:24 Link
Recently had the same issue with the KS1 - apparently it's a fairly common problem between the two models - there are threads on PF about it - something about too much lubricant 'flooding' stuff inside. Sent mine for service and it was back in less than 4 days from Johnson's Petopia. They did end up replacing the whole mechanism inside though.
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.