K-7 - Electronic level in Manual

greynolds999

Link Posted 13/08/2009 - 21:14
Is it just me (and have I missed a setting somewhere) but I find it a real pain that I cannot switch between the Electronic Level and Exposure Graph without having to delve into the menu.

What I want is to automatically show the Electronic Level when I'm in Av and to automatically show the Exposure Graph in Manual. The option to switch between them easily would be useful.

Anyone agree? I don't think the 'Trash' button does anything at the moment!
My Photobucket

pentaxian450

Link Posted 13/08/2009 - 23:12
I guess you could set up the "user" position for one mode. Don't know for sure if it would work, since I left the K-7 at the office, so I can't try it out.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Last Edited by pentaxian450 on 13/08/2009 - 23:12

Bob and his Pentax

Link Posted 14/08/2009 - 14:12
greynolds999 wrote:
Is it just me (and have I missed a setting somewhere) but I find it a real pain that I cannot switch between the Electronic Level and Exposure Graph without having to delve into the menu.

What I want is to automatically show the Electronic Level when I'm in Av and to automatically show the Exposure Graph in Manual. The option to switch between them easily would be useful.

Anyone agree? I don't think the 'Trash' button does anything at the moment!

I accept its not automatic but personaly I do not find it it inconvienient to have the electronic level permanently turned on in the menu and occasionaly press the +/- button to show exposure compensation.
Prehaps if I did more in manual mode I would think differently.

As for the trash button - us mere mortals who occasionaly take a bad shot use it to delete pictures while in review mode - but if you never take a bad photo then it would be useless.
Good luck

Bob

Pentax user since 1978, Digital since 1997.
Kit includes: K-7, K20D, K10D, *istDS, full set DA* lens, etc

greynolds999

Link Posted 14/08/2009 - 14:18
Sorry, meant to say the Trash button does nothing when you are not in review mode. When you are in shooting mode it does nothing so could be used for something.
My Photobucket

PeteL

Link Posted 15/08/2009 - 00:24
This was one of my laments too as i shoot mostly in manual mode.
Though since i have used the K7 for a while i have trusted the metering to take some handheld shots in Shutter Priority where i can use the level, It is still a pity this really useful feature cannot be used in Manual.

Regards - Pete.

Anvh

Link Posted 15/08/2009 - 11:10
They could make the electronic level a half-press shutter release setting.
So if you don't press the shutter you see the EV meter and when you half press the shutter to auto-focus the electronic level will be shown.
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

PeteL

Link Posted 15/08/2009 - 16:15
Anvh wrote:
They could make the electronic level a half-press shutter release setting.
So if you don't press the shutter you see the EV meter and when you half press the shutter to auto-focus the electronic level will be shown.

That`s a fantastic idea! It could possibly even be incorporated in a firmware upgrade.

Well thought out!!!

Regards - Pete.

Anvh

Link Posted 15/08/2009 - 20:12
Let's hope someone is listening then Pete
Stefan

K10D, K5
AF-540FGZ

nathanever82

Link Posted 15/08/2009 - 20:20
Yep, the EV metre is much more important for me as well. I will shoot in M most of the times, and cannot use the level adjustment

Still awesome shutter sound....
'Between the lights there is always a shadow'

www.nathanservi.com & PPG

Anvh

Link Posted 15/08/2009 - 20:33
nathanever82 wrote:
Still awesome shutter sound....

Oh yes just played with the full release version for the first time today and the sound is lovely.
Btw the mirror blackout is also very short and I find that a bit more important then the sound to be honest
Stefan

K10D, K5
AF-540FGZ
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.