Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K-5 firmware update 2013

PentaxPrime
Posted 16/02/2013 - 09:06 Link
Can anybody explain to me just why we are the poor relation to other Pentax users across the World?

When it comes to updating our firmware why must we go to Japan or other World sites to get the download? In itself this is obviously not a problem but all other World users are given the courtesy of downloading from their own site. The UK site is way back offering the K-5 firmware for the silver model at v1.03 and no other option............please correct me if v1.14 can be found somewhere else on this site.

We appear to be a bit more than just being slow to respond.......after all we pay enough for our indulgences in the UK but I best not start on that one......
Renster
Posted 16/02/2013 - 09:45 Link
I googled Pentax uk and clicked the download tab from the google results. I'm pretty sure it took me to the UK page for firmware download.
johnriley
Posted 16/02/2013 - 10:23 Link
The Pentax UK site has the firmware updates.

There's also lots of technical info on the product pages.
Best regards, John
PentaxPrime
Posted 16/02/2013 - 11:14 Link
Hi,
Sorry, the downloads are there but they're not current. Even this user site plugs into Japan for the K5 update..come on UK catch up.
Renster
Posted 16/02/2013 - 13:38 Link
PentaxPrime wrote:
Hi,
Sorry, the downloads are there but they're not current. Even this user site plugs into Japan for the K5 update..come on UK catch up.

What's the issue if the link goes to pentax Japan? You don't have to do anything other than click the link.
Sounds like someone needs to get out more.
Algernon
Posted 16/02/2013 - 13:59 Link
Have you never heard of the World Wide Web
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
PentaxPrime
Posted 16/02/2013 - 14:26 Link
I appear to be under personal attack for suggesting the UK site should be kept up to date....move on.
johnriley
Posted 16/02/2013 - 14:44 Link
No personal attacks on Pentax User. It's not necessary and is definitely against the rules of the site.
Best regards, John
johnriley
Posted 16/02/2013 - 14:56 Link
If you go to this page: http://www.pentax.co.uk/en/Photo-Downloads.html#MediaTypeID4 there is a link near the top that directs you to the firmware updates on the parent website in Japan, in English.
Best regards, John
PentaxPrime
Posted 16/02/2013 - 16:39 Link
Thanks John, you're a true gent..
Mike-P
Posted 16/02/2013 - 17:24 Link
It is a bit daft that you have to click on a link that takes you to the Japanese Pentax download site just to get an updated firmware.

Didn't think hosting a few files and keeping a product page up to date would be that expensive (or time consuming) tbh.
Edited by Mike-P: 16/02/2013 - 17:25

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.