k-3 for £599?

MattyH

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 08:22
link

Back to the same old topic, Is it worth a punt?

Papa_Lazarou

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 08:31

gartmore

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 09:16
According to Money Saving Expert website, vat will be added at the checkout, your credit card company will charge you a pounds to dollars conversion fee and you will have a grey import with no uk warranty.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

MattyH

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 09:25
gartmore wrote:
According to Money Saving Expert website, vat will be added at the checkout, your credit card company will charge you a pounds to dollars conversion fee and you will have a grey import with no uk warranty.

Someone I work with, ordered a Nikon D5300, and didn't receive any extra charges at all, registered it with Nikon UK and got the full 2 year warranty. So he's happy.

But I must admit, I don't think I am that brave,if someone on here wants to go first, then I will follow

Gamka

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 10:33

MattyH

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 10:41
Gamka wrote:
Do we need the same discussion again?

https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/k3-sub--1000-47541#comm510052

We do, Hence why I stated, back to the same old topic, in fairness this is a post about the K3 new low price.

But sorry if it offended you ?

lennythelion

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 12:20
Very tempting price, given the UK cost. But the warranty issue puts me off.
If there is anything wrong with it, I have a strong suspicion that you'd end up paying Johnsons for a repair.

cabstar

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 13:30
lennythelion wrote:
Very tempting price, given the UK cost. But the warranty issue puts me off.
If there is anything wrong with it, I have a strong suspicion that you'd end up paying Johnsons for a repair.

Isn't that part of the gamble though???
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

tyronet2000

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 13:36
I'll wait until I can afford a "proper one" from a reputable pro dealer, if there are any by then
Regards
Stan

PPG

lennythelion

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 13:40
Isn't that part of the gamble though???[/quote]

True,

I just know what my lucks like.

Gamka

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 13:57
Warranty - as a Grey import it will probably not be honoured.

VAT - the prices do not include it and their claim about not paying any is suspect. If the carrier decides to check and RM (as well as others) are doing it more and more for te revenue they get, then there could be duty (4.2% - or so) £25, VAT £125, carrier charges £8-25 ... so you could be looking at £175 extra or you could even have them seized if the paperwork and declaration is not correct.

northernmonkey

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 14:44
Well, I have already told you about my bad experience and ongoing issues with these guys.
I DID have to pay extra even though the parcel was under declared.
Now have issues with a faulty product that they do not want to know about.

I will never buy from these, or any other company not based in the UK.

Virtually everything costs more here, we know that.
Hell, I even pay less for single malt whiskey half way round the world!!!

If we all support our dealers, then Ricoh UK will also.

cabstar

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 15:04
but if you factor in a repair from JPS and the potential vat and duty fees and balance it against UK prices I think it still works out cheaper. As I have said before I have never paid more than £125 for a body repair and in owning 8 or 9 Pentax bodies I have only needed two repairs out of warranty and one inside warranty period. To have to pay duty and get a faulty body is damned unlucky....
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Last Edited by cabstar on 07/03/2014 - 15:05

RalphHardwick

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 15:56
Gamka wrote:
Do we need the same discussion again?

https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/k3-sub--1000-47541#comm510052

They still haven't replied to the question I sent them on 20th Feb, mentioned in that thread, about the silver K3.

Yet they are still advertising it: link

On that basis I wouldn't touch them with your barge pole let alone mine
---------------------------------------------------------------------
CaptureLight Ltd
flickr
"I carry a camera to capture memories and the occasional photograph worthy of sharing"

northernmonkey

Link Posted 07/03/2014 - 16:02
cabstar wrote:
but if you factor in a repair from JPS and the potential vat and duty fees and balance it against UK prices I think it still works out cheaper. As I have said before I have never paid more than £125 for a body repair and in owning 8 or 9 Pentax bodies I have only needed two repairs out of warranty and one inside warranty period. To have to pay duty and get a faulty body is damned unlucky....

Your probably correct.
And as we all know getting evertything cheaper is how we grow support in the UK and encourage investment from the brand!
Everything is "cheaper" somewhere if you look.
There is usually a reason too!
I never buy the cheapest of anything, not even fuel!
How many here drive an extra 10 miles to save 0.3p per litre!!!????
Buy UK product then suppliers can invest in UK infrastructure.
SIMPLES!!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.