Just about there

snaphappyscottiedog

Link Posted 26/01/2011 - 13:10
Hi all,
My name is Allan and as you can see it's my first visit. I don't yet have a Pentax camera yet but hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks i will have a K7 in my hands. Last year i had a Nikon D300 and 4 lenses until one of my dogs got sick so i sold the kit at a massive lose to me but thankfully covering the vets bill.
I have no regrets in doing this as i have been researching the pentax k7 and i am very impressed with what i am reading. I hope to find out more about this camera from some of you on this site so i can drool even more.
Only those who can see the invisible can do the impossible....

i-Berg

Link Posted 28/01/2011 - 02:00
G'day and welcome, as long as things turned out OK with your dog, that's the main thing.
http://www.pbase.com/iberg

sam-joseph

Link Posted 28/01/2011 - 11:05
Hello Allan, and good riddance nikon d300. Hope you find the K7, or even the k5 to your liking.
Regards
Sam-Joseph
Pentax K7, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO EX, Sigma 70-300 APO, Sigma 1.4x TC, Vivitar 2x TC. Takumar 135mm f2.5, SMC Pentax A 50mm 1:1.7, SMC Pentax -M 1:4 200mm, Pentax X70

Gwyn

Link Posted 28/01/2011 - 11:15
Hello Allan. Welcome to the forum.

Sorry you had to sell you previous kit. I hope your dog recovered and appreciates it! I'd probably do the same if my dog was sick, and the insurance didn't cover it.

I'm sure you will enjoy using the K7 when you get one.

Meanwhile read away and ask anything - I'm sure someone will give you a sensible answer - though be prepared for plenty of nonsensical ones too .

greynolds999

Link Posted 28/01/2011 - 12:10
I have to admit, if my cat got sick I'd sell a kidney if I needed to cover the vet's bill.

(Not one of my own, obviously - kids are tougher than they look!)
My Photobucket

snaphappyscottiedog

Link Posted 28/01/2011 - 12:36
Thanks guys and yes Archie my wee scottie dog is doing just fine now but i stopped his "Paw Money" to help pay for my ney camera
Only those who can see the invisible can do the impossible....

Mannesty

Link Posted 28/01/2011 - 22:32
Welcome Allan.

Thankfully I didn't have to sell anything to pay for the vet's bill for one of my dog's, a Golden Retriever, several years ago. She had to have an emergency hysterectomy for which the operation, after care, and medication cost almost 2000.00.

My wife often wonders how much it all cost, and if she were to ask, I would tell her. Thank goodness she's never asked . . . yet.

Enjoy your K-7 but before you buy, take a good long look at the K-5, it's a world beater.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.