Joined but have been reading PentaxUser for years

Zevon

Link Posted 15/10/2010 - 18:52
Hello All,

I am Sean, joined today, but have been reading Pentax User UK for 7 years or so, when I get the time. I thought I had joined previously but seems not.
Anyway have been using Pentax for over 30 years. Used my Fathers K1000 in the 70's and loved it, Cost of developing and waiting for the prints was a worry then. When Vivitar 210 zoom arrived, could not get enough use. Bought a SuperProgram in the 80's so I could use that zoom lens. Had a great time with the limited equipment I had. That camera/or me, let me down at a friends wedding and gave up taking photographs for about six to seven years.
Bought the *ist film camera on its release and K10D and K20 since. Tempted with K-7 but could not really afford it as have spent a little on lenses in the last few years, I am now cured of my LBA, maybe just one more!

If the K-5 come under 1000Euro's I will have to bite, I think, but can't ask anyone that question as all here could be biased. The French deal looks good, have been checking Srs daily but no price announced there as yet and have been holding out giving them a call, but will probably be over £1100st (1260Euro) is a bit steep for me! Do see two UK sites at under £1000, but I do prefer to deal with camera shops. Maybe that indicates the launch price?

Regards
Sean
Regards
Seán

'I'll sleep when I am Dead!'

Gwyn

Link Posted 15/10/2010 - 18:58
Welcome Sean!
Where are you? Ireland, since you are pricing things in Euros and with your name. Dangerous assumption I know .

SRS will have a great price for the K5, but you could also look at Dutch shops for instance, better than French ones. Lowest price I've seen here is €1112 not including P&P.
But if you can afford to wait the price will drop more. I suspect there will be a cashback deal in the new year too.

Zevon

Link Posted 15/10/2010 - 19:53
Thank you Gwyn,

Ireland is the correct answer, Wish I could say 'you win €500 cashback on next Dslr/lense purchase’, but I can not. Well deduced.

I have seen that price, and I agree with you that price may come down.
I will see I long I can last

regards
Seán
Regards
Seán

Gwyn

Link Posted 15/10/2010 - 22:05

If you look hereyou will see that SRS are offering a special price for forum members. So maybe you joined just at the right time

Only been to Ireland once - to County Cork. It is on my list to revisit, armed with my new K5 .

Helpful

puma

Link Posted 15/10/2010 - 23:29
Hello to sean from shaun
my web site http://www.swilsonphotography.foliopic.com/
PPG link

CoDa

Link Posted 16/10/2010 - 00:04
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I have visited IRE several times, mainly Portumna, Galway City and Dublin areas.

Regards
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

i-Berg

Link Posted 16/10/2010 - 00:19
G'day and welcome.
http://www.pbase.com/iberg

Noel

Link Posted 16/10/2010 - 10:59
Hello Sean, Welcome!
Best Wishes, Noel
"A photograph is neither taken nor seized by force. It offers itself up. It is the photo that takes you. One must not take photos." Henri Cartier-Bresso.

Zevon

Link Posted 16/10/2010 - 12:51
Thanks to all for the welcome,
Gwyn/Weldingblues
Ireland is a great country, I do not photograph it as much as I’d like, generally going somewhere and kids in tow. My favourite places are Kerry, West Cork, Galway, Wicklow and Antrim.
Loved The Netherlands when visited about 15 years ago, and Britain’s’ countryside is impressive.
Regards
Seán

StephenLewis

Link Posted 16/10/2010 - 13:08
Welcome to the Forum, Sean. Are you really cured of LBA???? Be careful, it is an insidious disease and can flair up at any time! Looking forward to seeing some picture posts and having you join in the discussions.

Regards,

Stephen
I gladly welcome C & C's. Being foggy minded they really help me learn.

darlene

Link Posted 16/10/2010 - 19:08
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Zevon

Link Posted 19/10/2010 - 01:41
Thanks to all again for the welcome,

StephenLewis, Of course my LBA is cured, maybe just one more! Actually worse than that, it may have developed into BBA (Body Buying Addiction, K-5) of which there is only one cure as you probably know, Buy-It.

i-Berg, Love your shots in ‘Post something similar’ thread!

Gwyn Thank you for that, Have emailed Chris@SRS directly on Saturday but have yet to hear from him. Hope I got his email address correct as didn’t realise I had 30 days probation on PM’s.

Gwyn wrote:

If you look hereyou will see that SRS are offering a special price for forum members. So maybe you joined just at the right time

Only been to Ireland once - to County Cork. It is on my list to revisit, armed with my new K5 .

Regards
Seán

JudithAnn

Link Posted 28/11/2010 - 17:11
Hi, welcome and enjoy the forum!
https://www.jastandringphotos.com
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.