Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Jardin d'Hélys-Oeuvre

Sry
Posted 05/10/2020 - 22:35 Link
Le Jardin D'Hélys-Oeuvre (near Excideuil, in the northeast corner of the Dordogne) is a strange place to visit. A retired couple bought the mansion two decades or so ago, and made it into an eccentric 'oeuvre' of accumulation - indeed, one could mistake the place for a dump if one isn't looking with an open mindset. I'll try to get back some day for images that convey that most important part of the place. They do, however, have some more 'classically' inclined contemporary art pieces/installations, which are what I focused on the day I visited...

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

And they do have a bright, clean, naturally lit exhibition room in which to receive outside artists' work (in this case, paintings by Bernard Marbach):

Comment Image

... and all this is the 'normal' stuff...
womble
Posted 05/10/2020 - 23:12 Link
Looks pretty whacky. Lots of great shots (one of these days my rubbish use of a touchscreen keyboard is going to get me in trouble... i and o are too close together). I think 1 and 5 are my favs but that might change! The use of BW works nicely.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
LennyBloke
Posted 06/10/2020 - 10:44 Link
Simply great set Serge - absolutely love your monochrome processing, you make it look so easy but the two shots 10 and 11 show your skills at either end of the tonal range
LennyBloke
pschlute
Posted 06/10/2020 - 12:09 Link
You have certainly captured the spirit of the place.
cardiffgareth
Posted 06/10/2020 - 13:39 Link
A great set that tell a story and also great control of light
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Sry
Posted 06/10/2020 - 18:57 Link
Thank you all for your thoughts. Kris, I concur, using a touchscreen keyboard can pretty much be a crapshoot. And LennyB, you've been treating us to some pretty interesting monochrome processing yourself recently.
davidwozhere
Posted 06/10/2020 - 23:22 Link
Whatever you say you shoot some pretty mean crap. I like all of them !
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
Edited by davidwozhere: 06/10/2020 - 23:24
Sry
Posted 07/10/2020 - 21:05 Link
Ha! Thank you David.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.