Ivy

womble
Posted 13/05/2010 - 23:19 Link
Pentax K20D, SMC-M 100mm f/2.8, small extension tube.

Comment Image


Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
fatspider
Posted 13/05/2010 - 23:25 Link
Thats quite effective Kris, my only gripe is I'd like to have seen all the ivy in the foregound in focus, the nearest leaves at the bottom are dropping off a bit.
Difficult with limited Dof using tubes I know, but if its in the garden I'd have another go.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
bwlchmawr
Posted 14/05/2010 - 08:32 Link
I like the combination you've used Kris. I've tried pairing a 135mm with the smallest extension tube and it works well. I like the subject to camera distance you maintain and, of course, the depth of field which is good but not too critical.

Nicely observed.

Andrew
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
thoughton
Posted 14/05/2010 - 10:37 Link
A pleasant shot Kris, with nice bokeh.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
womble
Posted 14/05/2010 - 13:29 Link
My guess this one needs greater DOF too. Same lens/camera combo.

K.

Comment Image
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
techno-terminator
Posted 14/05/2010 - 13:44 Link
Sorry - that does nothing for me - the other one appealed far more .

I don't think we are seeing the ivy as well as we could be this time - could it be the angle of the shot ?

Sorry for carping
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
womble
Posted 14/05/2010 - 13:51 Link
Yes, in this one the slab on which the ivy is growing is at 45 degrees to the camera. I was trying to get fresh green ivy leaves on a background of blurred yellow cowslips. The problem is, of course, that the more one stops down the lens to get more of the ivy in focus, the less blurred and abstract the background becomes.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. At least the ivy/cowslips/slab are only 15 yards from my door.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
womble
Posted 14/05/2010 - 20:09 Link
Having written off the last shot more several people on flickr have commented on how they like it! Oh well, swings and roundabouts as always.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo