ist DS focusing screens

Mongoose

Link Posted 15/09/2007 - 12:42
A number of people have said that if you swap the K10D focus screen for one from a *istDS then the metering issues with M series lenses go away.

This sounds great and I would dearly love to do it as I have a number of M series and equivalent lenses which I have neither the money nor the inclination to replace with modern equivalents.

One slight problem, where can I get a standard *istDS focusing screen from? That is of course without having to buy a *istDS around it?

And does anyone know how much they cost?
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help

Malo1961

Link Posted 10/10/2007 - 20:23
Hi,
Why don't you consider buying a Katz Eye split prism screen for your *istDS ?
95 usd exclusive VAT. But be careful Once looked thru your VF with this screen, and you want another one for your K10D.

regards,
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.

Mongoose

Link Posted 10/10/2007 - 22:15
Hi Martin, thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately you misunderstand (or perhaps I didn't explain well enough)

I don't have a DS, just a DL2 and a K10D. The reason I want a DS screen is that I have heard here and elsewhere that they fit the K10D and that a K10D with a DS screen meters properly with M series lenses.

I have considered the Katz-Eye screens in the past, but I am partial to spot metering at times so the exposure errors introduced when using spot mode put me off somewhat. Also I have never really had a problem focusing manually with the ground glassAlso I have never really had a problem focusing manually with the ground glass
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help

Kim C

Link Posted 10/10/2007 - 22:25
You could try Asahiphoto or even the shop here. http://www.ephotozine.com/shop/cat_21_38.html

I am not that well up on the letters/numbers for the DS screens?

Kim
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.