Is my camera broke?
Posted 26/08/2008 - 20:24
Link
Are you sure you have your camera set to centre focussing?...............
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Posted 26/08/2008 - 20:32
Link
beginner wrote:
Are you sure you have your camera set to centre focussing?...............
Thank you ... Yes It is .. This is why I am a little concerned
Are you sure you have your camera set to centre focussing?...............
Pentax K7 and K5 and several black tubey things with magnifying glass in that twist around and move in and out - to be honest I am not sure exactly what I have. Will list the proper names one day..
Posted 26/08/2008 - 21:04
Link
If removing the battery helps, try resetting to the factory defaults.
It may be a slim chance that will actually fix the problem, but ff that simple test fixes it, all the better. Certainly can't hurt.
Otherwise, like you suspect, you've got bigger troubles and likely need to send it back for repair.
It may be a slim chance that will actually fix the problem, but ff that simple test fixes it, all the better. Certainly can't hurt.
Otherwise, like you suspect, you've got bigger troubles and likely need to send it back for repair.
Posted 26/08/2008 - 21:52
Link
I tried that too.. but before I send it for an expensive repair I may try to reinstall the latest flash update.. Or do you think that could kill it all together..
Pentax K7 and K5 and several black tubey things with magnifying glass in that twist around and move in and out - to be honest I am not sure exactly what I have. Will list the proper names one day..
Posted 26/08/2008 - 21:57
Link
PeteWelshPhotography wrote:
I tried that too.. but before I send it for an expensive repair I may try to reinstall the latest flash update.. Or do you think that could kill it all together..
Reloading the firmware is not likely to cause any more harm to your camera. Try it.
I tried that too.. but before I send it for an expensive repair I may try to reinstall the latest flash update.. Or do you think that could kill it all together..
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Posted 26/08/2008 - 22:26
Link
thank you mannesty
Pentax K7 and K5 and several black tubey things with magnifying glass in that twist around and move in and out - to be honest I am not sure exactly what I have. Will list the proper names one day..
Posted 26/08/2008 - 23:25
Link
It may sound unlikely but you're not holding the camera to your face differently are you? Maybe pressing the arrows with your nose or a stray digit?
Joining the Q
Posted 26/08/2008 - 23:53
Link
Not that I am aware of hefty1.. I shall have another couple of sessions to make sure I am not doing any of the above and I'll see what happens .. thanks to all
Pete
Pete
Pentax K7 and K5 and several black tubey things with magnifying glass in that twist around and move in and out - to be honest I am not sure exactly what I have. Will list the proper names one day..
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


105 posts
18 years
Plymouth UK
I have been having a problem with my auto focus and the little red dot thing. I have the litte red dot set in the middle but it keeps jumping to either side of the view finder plus the camera will not focus on anything..
I have tried different lenses and it does this with them all so I am guessing it is the camera...
The only way of clearing the problem I have found is to remove the battery .. For some reason this sorts it.
I am concerned that this could be the start of a major problem are my fears founded or am I panicking for nothing..
Thanks guys
Peter