In Wiltshire?

coker
Posted 18/07/2010 - 21:59 Link
spending some time in the garden this afternoon, birding:

Comment Image
[IMG]http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af340/rogerhlane/RobinRAVENgreenfinch2010-07-18006me.jpg[/IMG]
Comment Image
[IMG]http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af340/rogerhlane/RobinRAVENgreenfinch2010-07-18004.jpg[/IMG]

these taken in the cherry tree at the bottom of our garden.
Over the wall, the shepherd says, "You looking for that raven?"(!)
(I'd heard a deep croaking call, but thought no more of it.)
"There's a pair here somewhere, you can hear them calling".

Which, indeed, I could.

Inthe field next to us, the field formerly occupied by the sheep (connection!) there is an old sycamore tree. And at the top sat:

A RAVEN!

Comment Image
[IMG]http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af340/rogerhlane/RobinRAVENgreenfinch2010-07-18015cr.jpg[/IMG]

Not the highest IQ ever(!), but a good bird to see in the field next door!

C&C Welcome.

Coker
The more I look, the more there is to see!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo