In The Picture

paulyrichard
Posted 21/04/2009 - 17:11 Link
I don't usually do flowers but i'll hold my hand up to this one. I spotted this in a dirt-streaked window in Shoreditch, London.

In The Window

[IMG]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/paulyrichard/inthewindowcontrastmediumdarkenedme.jpg[/IMG]
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt

http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Edited by paulyrichard: 21/04/2009 - 17:12
mikew
Posted 21/04/2009 - 19:48 Link
I'd be curious to see a shot that includes more window. I like this kind of shot and have found that the window offers a natural frame and that the flowers or whatever don't need to be overly large to retain their importance.

Nicely seen and captured.

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
pschlute
Posted 21/04/2009 - 22:41 Link
Yep, it works well , like an impressionist painting.
GivingTree
Posted 22/04/2009 - 04:10 Link
I would never have thought to include the window frame on just two sides of the picture. Very interesting choice - I think it creates tension against the empty space on the other side. I like this a lot.
"Just put your eye to the camera and push the button-thingy."
Flickr page:
link
Aiki
Posted 22/04/2009 - 17:21 Link
good eye you have !
Aiki

----
Pentax K20D; SMC DA 18-55mm II kit; Sigma AF 70-300/4-5.6 APO DG MACRO
GIMP Flickr
PPG
sananjana
Posted 04/05/2009 - 11:38 Link
paulyrichard wrote:
I don't usually do flowers but i'll hold my hand up to this one. I spotted this in a dirt-streaked window in Shoreditch, London.

In The Window

[IMG]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/paulyrichard/inthewindowcontrastmediumdarkenedme.jpg[/IMG]
Fantastic , very nice painting
johnriley
Posted 04/05/2009 - 11:58 Link
I think I would take a different choice and eliminate the window frame altogether.

The it does indeed become impressionistic.
Best regards, John
paulyrichard
Posted 04/05/2009 - 12:39 Link
Thanks guys.

John, I did think about that and try it out, but the image looked lost so to speak, and I felt it needed the 'grounding' that the window frame gives it. Thanks.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt

http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo