In stock now

womble

Link Posted 30/10/2021 - 18:40
If anyone is tempted by the new DA* 16-50, SRS now have them in stock.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

LennyBloke

Link Posted 30/10/2021 - 22:18
womble wrote:
If anyone is tempted by the new DA* 16-50, SRS now have them in stock.

K.

I'm too into FF to go for it, but it seems like an excellent lens - are you up for it Kris

p.s. I was always impressed with the previous version (apart from the SDM failures of course)
LennyBloke

womble

Link Posted 31/10/2021 - 08:00
I'm tempted but might wait until there are some cash back offers.

I'd really like a standard walkabout zoom that I was happy with. When I bought my K-3 I bought a Sigma something or other and I never bonded with it. I haven't used it for a few years. Mostly I use the 31mm as a standard lens.

I spent yesterday shooting film in Brighton. I carried the K-3iii around all day and took one frame with it!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Mike-P

Link Posted 31/10/2021 - 10:41
Black Friday next month ... probably worth looking then although it may be too new for any discounts even then.

I still have my original 16-50 and 50-135mm and sometimes use them on the K-1 in crop mode. Still great lenses.
. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 31/10/2021 - 10:43

womble

Link Posted 31/10/2021 - 22:10
I've always liked my 50-135 as it has a beautiful rendering. I've not had Mark 1 16-50 though.
Kris Lockyear

My website

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 01/11/2021 - 11:37
I imagine that there'll be some kind of offers to get the new 16-50 or even the K-3 III a bit cheaper around christmas. They usually have blanket X% offers around that time. Won't be mega discounts but every little helps on these expensive items.

I still live in hope that my Mrs will one day decide to gift me something really, really nice like one of the aforementioned...
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.