Image tone setting on K10D
Posted 02/10/2007 - 01:44
Link
Helterskelter.
Glad you enjoyed your trip. Next time you may want to try Alaska, it will blow your socks off.
We emigrated out to S California from Southend-on-Sea in 1963. Born in London.
This country never ceases to amaze me. So many wonderful natural sites to see. Only one thing missing, the Pubs.
Just wish we had got to see more of the history of Britain and Europe when we lived there.
Have a nice day,
RG.
Glad you enjoyed your trip. Next time you may want to try Alaska, it will blow your socks off.
We emigrated out to S California from Southend-on-Sea in 1963. Born in London.
This country never ceases to amaze me. So many wonderful natural sites to see. Only one thing missing, the Pubs.
Just wish we had got to see more of the history of Britain and Europe when we lived there.
Have a nice day,
RG.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


61 posts
19 years
London
Re your comment:
We have too many earthquakes out west to be able to build homes with brick.
My wife and I spent our summer vacation visiting Canada and the East coast of North America a few years back and I racked up a total of over 8,000 miles driving in eight weeks
(my other half wisely refused to drive on the right-hand side !).
We flew London (Gatwick) to Vancouver and took the ferry out to Vancouver Island (near Victoria) to see relatives. We then drove for 3 weeks through the Rockies to Calgary, took a plane on to Toronto and finally flew from there to Montreal (spectacular night flight arriving over the illuminated City). We drove up to Ottawa and back via Montreal again, then down through large swathes of New England to Boston, up round the ENTIRE coastline including most of Nova Scotia, northwards via the Easternmost tip of the Gaspe Peninsula and right down the length of the St. Lawrence river via Quebec to Montreal.
Boy was I knackered by the end of the trip !
To be honest it came as a complete shock for us to find so few brick-built buildings throughout the countryside on the East coast of New England, until reaching major cities such as Boston. Talking to local inhabitants I soon discovered that when their ancestors originally arrived from Europe, the most abundant natural resource available to the settlers was obviously wood and NOT brick or stone. I guess that there aren't too many earthquakes on the Eastern seaboard, but I can still picture driving through the countryside of New England past those beautiful white clapper-board houses, perched on little raised mounds of grass, with the autumn leaves of 'fall' turning golden brown all around. It was utterly delightful and how I wish I'd had my K10D with me.........
Best regards
Richard