Using two identical bodies
Posted 04/09/2007 - 16:22
Link
I know Lightroom will automatically arrange them in chronological order even when you have two cards which were active at the same time. Naming them is done by whatever way you set it up to do.
I don't use Silkypix but if it has a library function where you can browse your images then it should do the same.
I don't use Silkypix but if it has a library function where you can browse your images then it should do the same.
Posted 05/09/2007 - 09:08
Link
Sikypix does what it it supposed to do, convert RAW images. It is not a library tool. So importing/sorting/renaming should be done before you do the RAW conversion.
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Posted 05/09/2007 - 10:51
Link
In which case I can recommend that you try out Lightroom as it makes life much easier.
Posted 05/09/2007 - 11:41
Link
Quote:
Sikypix does what it it supposed to do, convert RAW images. It is not a library tool.
Fair point, though it will batch rename while converting - it's just that it'll only begin a numerical sequence with 1 rather than 001, as far as I can see.Sikypix does what it it supposed to do, convert RAW images. It is not a library tool.
Jonathan
Posted 05/09/2007 - 11:44
Link
Actually the free Picasa from Google will do exactly what you need
Matt
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 05/09/2007 - 12:44
Link
Actually, Silkypix allows sorting of files with extremely flexible rules:
View / Thumbnail Mode Setting / Sort Thumbnails
And yes, there's a batch rename:
* Select the images you want
* Right click
* Select Batch Rename...
(It's also under File / Batch Rename...)
You can specify pretty much anything you want within that dialog.
Does that help??
Matt
View / Thumbnail Mode Setting / Sort Thumbnails
And yes, there's a batch rename:
* Select the images you want
* Right click
* Select Batch Rename...
(It's also under File / Batch Rename...)
You can specify pretty much anything you want within that dialog.
Does that help??
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 05/09/2007 - 13:47
Link
ahh I didn't see that option in Silkypix.
I tried lightroom a few weeks ago but I uninstalled it again after a couple of hours. It was much, much slower on my PC then Silkypix is and even Silkypix is not very fast.
I tried lightroom a few weeks ago but I uninstalled it again after a couple of hours. It was much, much slower on my PC then Silkypix is and even Silkypix is not very fast.
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Posted 05/09/2007 - 17:20
Link
Also ACDSee Pro (the latest beta version) does batch rename and is pretty darn quick. I just find its rendering of RAW files a bit over saturated
Andy
Andy
Posted 06/09/2007 - 12:42
Link
Thanks a lot for all your help,
Jonathan
Jonathan
Posted 01/10/2007 - 19:26
Link
Just to sort of reply to my own post...
Batch processing files from the two bodies in Silkypix worked fine. Both camera bodies were set to the correct time, and when processing I batch renamed the files to give a year/month/day/hour/minute/second filename, so in a browser they display in chronological order.
And, as a p.s., a very big thanks to Matt for his excellent & ongoing Silkypix guide - it's very useful & very much appreciated!
Jonathan
Batch processing files from the two bodies in Silkypix worked fine. Both camera bodies were set to the correct time, and when processing I batch renamed the files to give a year/month/day/hour/minute/second filename, so in a browser they display in chronological order.
And, as a p.s., a very big thanks to Matt for his excellent & ongoing Silkypix guide - it's very useful & very much appreciated!
Jonathan
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


175 posts
20 years
UK
At the weekend I'll be using two K100D bodies, but would very much like to be able to sort the images from both cameras on time taken, so as to view the images chronologically. I'd then like to be able to batch rename from there so the pictures can be viewed in the correct order. Does anyone know if this is possible using either Silkypix, Elements or Irfanview?
And, on a similar theme, is it possible to batch rename in Silkypix giving a filename beginning at 001 rather than at 1 (again, so as to view in a browser in the right order)?
Thanks for any help,
Jonathan