If you stand, it will land
Posted 04/05/2010 - 18:21
Link
Just getting a feel for the settings Gareth. This lens has been extensively used at distance and I don't have DOF issues. Since trying to use it "too close in" as previously posted shots show, the DOF can be critical. I normally would not use smaller than f/8 but I also wanted to see what can be seen...
Best regards
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 04/05/2010 - 18:34
Link
Did you try to remove noise from the image?. There is surprisingly low level of feather details (for this lens) smooth in places, which look a bit like after heavy denoising.
Posted 04/05/2010 - 18:42
Link
piotro wrote:
Did you try to remove noise from the image?. There is surprisingly low level of feather details (for this lens) smooth in places, which look a bit like after heavy denoising.
Here is full image from camera. No processing other than sized to 800 pix.Did you try to remove noise from the image?. There is surprisingly low level of feather details (for this lens) smooth in places, which look a bit like after heavy denoising.

Feathers were as original.
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 04/05/2010 - 18:44
Link
K10D wrote:
Feather were as original.
Ok, must be a rubbish pigeon then .
Feather were as original.
Posted 04/05/2010 - 18:47
Link
No answer to that.
I do know that the lens is shhhhaaaarrrrp, Mike-P also has one of these and they are wonderful.
I will endeavour to find a better quality bird......
Regards
I do know that the lens is shhhhaaaarrrrp, Mike-P also has one of these and they are wonderful.
I will endeavour to find a better quality bird......
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 04/05/2010 - 19:00
Link
K10D wrote:
Mike-P also has one of these and they are wonderful.
(Had)
Mike-P also has one of these and they are wonderful.
K-5; Siggy 10-20 f4, 30mm f1.4, 18-50mm f2.8, 70-200mm f2.8; Tammy 400mm f4, 500mm f8
Posted 04/05/2010 - 19:20
Link
So sharp, it looks almost as if it would fly away if you made a noise.
Colin
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
Posted 05/05/2010 - 03:07
Link
The contrast along the back of the main pigeon is interesting - to me it almost looks like a cut-out placed against that background (I know it's not! ).
Posted 12/05/2010 - 18:44
Link
Know what you mean, i-Berg.
But I saw it as a bigger pigeon partly covered by a black mask of some sort......
Was it?
Roger
But I saw it as a bigger pigeon partly covered by a black mask of some sort......
Was it?
Roger
The more I look, the more there is to see!
Posted 12/05/2010 - 19:00
Link
No mask. Flash can cause some odd effects.
Regards
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 13/05/2010 - 09:42
Link
Very well taken, it is one of my favourite birds, the use of flash outside for birds, is something I havn`t thought of doing.
K5iis,K7,KM, MG, Super A, MZ50.
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
http://c759846.r46.cf2.rackcdn.com/img/black_link.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



6417 posts
17 years
This pigeon landed.
1/180th_f/11_ISO1600
Regards