Aus Pelican
Posted 12/05/2010 - 09:23
Link
In addition to Gareth's comments above, the water does not seem horizontal to me.
However, there is nothing wrong with taking a snapshot. Most of my 8000 digital images (so far) are mementos of good moments, but not prize-winning photographs.
However, there is nothing wrong with taking a snapshot. Most of my 8000 digital images (so far) are mementos of good moments, but not prize-winning photographs.
Best regards
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Posted 12/05/2010 - 10:56
Link
Thanks Gareth & Terry, I thought there might be too much in the back ground but wanted to know, I only shoot JPEG, I have enough trouble with that.
The bird didnt stay long so only had one shot after he swam through the opening.
The bird didnt stay long so only had one shot after he swam through the opening.
K5iis,K7,KM, MG, Super A, MZ50.
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
http://c759846.r46.cf2.rackcdn.com/img/black_link.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
Posted 12/05/2010 - 12:50
Link
Nice try. Pelicans, as with all wildlife, don't stay still for too long, and thus are hard to photograph. Straighten this one up, boost the contrast, crop a bit and convert to black and white (ie. reduce saturation), and see how the shot improves.
Regards
Regards
Sam-Joseph
Pentax K7, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO EX, Sigma 70-300 APO, Sigma 1.4x TC, Vivitar 2x TC. Takumar 135mm f2.5, SMC Pentax A 50mm 1:1.7, SMC Pentax -M 1:4 200mm, Pentax X70
Pentax K7, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO EX, Sigma 70-300 APO, Sigma 1.4x TC, Vivitar 2x TC. Takumar 135mm f2.5, SMC Pentax A 50mm 1:1.7, SMC Pentax -M 1:4 200mm, Pentax X70
Posted 12/05/2010 - 13:52
Link
I have made it harder for him ,he is swimming level now.
See if that works better in black and white.
![Comment Image]()
[IMG]http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab142/montyaus/birds/IMGP3197aaaa.jpg[/IMG]
See if that works better in black and white.
[IMG]http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab142/montyaus/birds/IMGP3197aaaa.jpg[/IMG]
K5iis,K7,KM, MG, Super A, MZ50.
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
http://c759846.r46.cf2.rackcdn.com/img/black_link.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
Posted 12/05/2010 - 18:48
Link
Much improved! Birds are hard to photograph well!
Regards,
Andrew
Regards,
Andrew
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 12/05/2010 - 23:30
Link
I prefer the boosted colour image.
Best regards
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Posted 13/05/2010 - 06:42
Link
montyaus wrote:
I only shoot JPEG,
The bird didnt stay long so only had one shot after he swam through the opening.
I also, only shoot jpeg. (unless I'm playing with HDR)I only shoot JPEG,
The bird didnt stay long so only had one shot after he swam through the opening.
So this was a grabbed shot? Fair enough. It's a lesson. You have learned something. Better this shot than no shot, without which, the other images posted could not exist.
Once bitten twice shy, I'm sure you'll handle similar future shots in a somewhat better prepared state of mind.
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 13/05/2010 - 07:54
Link
Thanks, Andrew & Terry, your comments appreciated.
Mike-P I dont mind you playing with the image it has been croped lightly,but makes a big difference,sharpening also makes it a better picture,this is the reason I post on here, to see what pros think, it helps to make me a beter photographer!
K10 it was a grab shot but had my camera on tripod to catch ducks which are plentifull, I do what,I think is right at the time, if I procrastinate over P&P it becomes harder to gauge what is required,thank you for the advice.
With all the help given on here I will get there (it may take a long time)
Mike-P I dont mind you playing with the image it has been croped lightly,but makes a big difference,sharpening also makes it a better picture,this is the reason I post on here, to see what pros think, it helps to make me a beter photographer!
K10 it was a grab shot but had my camera on tripod to catch ducks which are plentifull, I do what,I think is right at the time, if I procrastinate over P&P it becomes harder to gauge what is required,thank you for the advice.
With all the help given on here I will get there (it may take a long time)
K5iis,K7,KM, MG, Super A, MZ50.
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
http://c759846.r46.cf2.rackcdn.com/img/black_link.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


221 posts
16 years
adelaide
[IMG]http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab142/montyaus/birds/IMGP3197aa.jpg[/IMG]
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">