I've just bought a Canon! Help needed!
Posted 06/06/2014 - 11:38
Link
LOL!.. When I saw the headline, I was going to suggest you sought an immediate psychiatric evaluation followed by a wee "holiday" in Broadmoor!! That said - couldn't you have opted for a RICOH printer, thus remaining "brand-loyal"??
Posted 06/06/2014 - 12:07
Link
While we wait for the Mods to appear, let me say it's been nice knowing you!
Peter
Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm
Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm
Posted 06/06/2014 - 13:03
Link
Your first task now is to search the web for one of those expert 'Box Opening Guide' videos
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 06/06/2014 - 13:16
Link
am I the only one who just doesn't get the point of "box opening" videos ?
- -
Mike
Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Mike
Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Posted 06/06/2014 - 14:13
Link
As far as papers go it depends on the image and personal taste. I use Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl 285 gsm and Fujifilm Fine Art Photo Rag 300gsm
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 06/06/2014 - 20:27
Link
Crikey that's a whopper - could imagine the misses face if I brought that in - looks a serious bit of kit!
Posted 06/06/2014 - 21:21
Link
On a side note:
What car is that?
What car is that?
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 06/06/2014 - 22:09
Link
Father Ted wrote:
On a side note:
What car is that?
A Big Car
On a side note:
What car is that?
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 07/06/2014 - 00:38
Link
Thanks guys, still here!
No box opening videos I'm afraid, sorry!
Thanks Ken, we are ordering the Hahnemule sample packs and whatever freebies we can get, if anyone knows of any, please do let us know!
Yup, that was a big help in the decision process (our camera club chairman having worked at Canon for 13 years had nothing to do with it, honest :wink.

But of course it does help that our first job was printing off her RPS Panel!

No box opening videos I'm afraid, sorry!
Thanks Ken, we are ordering the Hahnemule sample packs and whatever freebies we can get, if anyone knows of any, please do let us know!
Yup, that was a big help in the decision process (our camera club chairman having worked at Canon for 13 years had nothing to do with it, honest :wink.
jemx99 wrote:
Crikey that's a whopper - could imagine the misses face if I brought that in - looks a serious bit of kit!
Fortuntely, that wasn't a problem!Crikey that's a whopper - could imagine the misses face if I brought that in - looks a serious bit of kit!

But of course it does help that our first job was printing off her RPS Panel!

Father Ted wrote:
On a side note:
What car is that?
It's a Renault Grand Espace, plenty of room in the back when the seats are out!
On a side note:
What car is that?
Posted 07/06/2014 - 02:32
Link
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 07/06/2014 - 04:12
Link
Regards,
Michael
Michael
Posted 07/06/2014 - 07:35
Link
A real nice thing, this is one of our 5m wide babys I would tell you all the cost of ink for it but I doubt anyone would believe Me!
It really is a case of if you have to ask....
It really is a case of if you have to ask....
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Posted 07/06/2014 - 12:53
Link
You've cheered me up somewhat. Baulking at the cost of the 6 inks in my MG6300 I bought some pattern jobbies from an Amazon seller. Mainly because my wife uses all the ink printing emails and stuff to entertain the kids Anyway, they work but not for photos, yuk. Feel better about the £60 I have to pay after reading this thread.
Steve
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



3062 posts
18 years
Aylesbury,
Bucks.
Our new iPF6450 printer arrived this week and has given us a whole lot more to learn!
12x inks at up to 300ml each is a bit of a leap from what I had many years ago but those are the joys of Fine Art printing I suppose!
So, to the help needed part, those of you that do Fine Art prints or have ordered them, which of the high end papers do you prefer and why? I'm still getting my head round the fact that different papers have different dynamic ranges!
Website・Blog・Gear・Twitter・Facebook