Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

I've done it

HowardJ
Posted 29/12/2011 - 11:12 Link
Finally after a lot of soul searching, and ignoring the "issues", and persuasion for my boss lady I've bought a K5 from SRS. I hope I get the paperwork in time to claim the £90 cashback, they had a backlog yesterday when I spoke to them.

Hopefully I won't have to think of upgrading for many years. My K10 has served me well.

Cheers,

Howard

Cymru Am Byth
felix
Posted 29/12/2011 - 11:22 Link
Congratulations on your new K5. Enjoy it and post photos here.
K1/K3, DA*16-50mm F2.8, FA 31mm F1.8, FA43mm F1.9 Limited, FA77mm F1.8 Limited, SMC Pentax K 85mm F1.8, DA18-135mm F3.5-5.6, FA*28-70mm F1.8, FA*200mm F1.8
AxelLuther
Posted 29/12/2011 - 12:30 Link
hmmmmm I so much would love to have one as well - I am now in this awfull conflict zone of, should I safe money and get one or should I wait for a possible K3 (although I only heard rumors about it).
From what I saw about K5, this must be a VERY desireable camera body - I am sure you will have lots of fun with it

Colors are the lack of darkness

You find more of my pictures here: https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/axelluther or on my web page: www.axel-luther.com
Cliff-P
Posted 29/12/2011 - 12:35 Link
HowardJ wrote:
they had a backlog yesterday when I spoke to them.
Cheers,

Howard

Did you recommend Prune juice to them Howard it works well

Congratulation on your new purchase, now the three of us can have a K5 owners club meet and a good chin wag over a brew (come on JW you are the odd one out now:wink.

Howard, have you tried downloading the cash-back form from the Pentax site?. I`m just sat in the house waiting for delivery of mine, wish they would hurry up I`m running out of finger nails
Cliff.

My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses
johnwhit
Posted 29/12/2011 - 13:14 Link
Cliff-P wrote:

Congratulation on your new purchase, now the three of us can have a K5 owners club meet and a good chin wag over a brew (come on JW you are the odd one out now:wink.

Sticking with the K20D for now, it serves me well, let's see what happens in the next couple of months under Ricoh management. If they go EVF and smaller I'm off to Nikon but will still keep my present kit.

I'd like to see the following:

1. DA*500/4
2. SDM 1.4x rear converter.
3. More sophisticated AF system.
4. A multiplier for SR with 4 settings 1.4, 1.5, 1.7 and 2x for rear converter use if there's no SDM converter
5. Keep it to 16MP APS-c but improve DR, AF etc.
5. If they go FF 36MP (Max) + 1-4 above.

Congratulations on the purchase Howard I hope it brings you many hours of pleasure, looking forward to seeing some photos on here

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.
Edited by johnwhit: 29/12/2011 - 13:15
piotro
Posted 29/12/2011 - 13:31 Link
I have similar problem, should I ignore another opportunity to upgrade from K20D to K5, or go for it. K5 sorts some of problems I would like somehow sorted in next upgrade, but not all, on top of that ongoing problems with quality of these bodies are putting me off.

I'm thinking now that maybe this will be the last Pentax body in this shape, if Pentax/Ricoh decide to invest more into Evil/mirror-less stuff, then I doubt they will spend any money/time to produce i.e K5 mk2 with some of its biggest problems (like AF) sorted-redesigned, they are able to sell plenty of K5s anyway and this could be an end of this line.
Edited by piotro: 29/12/2011 - 13:35
HowardJ
Posted 29/12/2011 - 14:18 Link
AxelLuther wrote:
hmmmmm I so much would love to have one as well - I am now in this awfull conflict zone of, should I safe money and get one or should I wait for a possible K3 (although I only heard rumors about it).
From what I saw about K5, this must be a VERY desireable camera body - I am sure you will have lots of fun with it

Hi Axel,

As I said I had a long debate with myself as to buy or not and I decided to go ahead. Saying that when I bought the K10 they brought out the K20 within months. I don't think you can win!!! By the way like your web site.

HowardJ wrote:
.... persuasion for my boss lady .....

To set the record straight, and in case she reads this, the above should read ".... from ...."

To everybody else I'm sure I shall enjoy using the K5 once I've mastered the basic controls.

Cliff, I've downloaded the cashback form so will complete it as soon as I get the camera. Look forward to comparing notes. The third person I assume is John941.

Cheers all,

Howard

Cymru Am Byth
john941
Posted 29/12/2011 - 15:49 Link
Well done Howard, you won't be sorry. It dosn't matter what Pentax do in the future you will have a good camera for many years to come.
Cliff-P
Posted 29/12/2011 - 16:18 Link
johnwhit wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="Cliff-P"]

Sticking with the K20D for now, it serves me well, let's see what happens in the next couple of months under Ricoh management. If they go EVF and smaller I'm off to Nikon but will still keep my present kit.
John

I`m not parting with the GX10 either John its served me well over the years and we have.... well sort of become attached.

My K5 has arrived so I`m just waiting for the battery to charge and thumbing through the hand book, Must say the grip makes a big difference to the camera ergonomically and fits into my big hands just fine.

You wont be disappointed Howard and you should notice a difference when using your 150-500!.....enjoy I did mean John941 be he has beat me to replying.
Cliff.

My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.