I'ts not a reportage
Posted 12/02/2010 - 09:32
Link
I like the images as a set, so imaginative and keenly observed. I hesitate to pick a favourite, I think the project works best as a portfolio collection.
david
david
Posted 12/02/2010 - 10:02
Link
As the other guys have set, as a set I think these images are first class.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Posted 12/02/2010 - 10:14
Link
What works for me firstly is that the set looks superb in BW - there really was no other way to portray these images. Secondly, to repeat David's words - keenly observed. It's the "little", human aspects of daily life that you've picked up on so acutely and so well.
Posted 12/02/2010 - 10:15
Link
Fantastic shots. Really love 4, 7 and 9, but they are all great. Excellent BW conversions.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 12/02/2010 - 10:36
Link
Thank you all for comments
thoughton, there is no conversions to b&w, I've made these photos on analog camera, fomapan 400, x-tol.
thoughton, there is no conversions to b&w, I've made these photos on analog camera, fomapan 400, x-tol.
Posted 12/02/2010 - 11:12
Link
Err I meant 4, 6 and 8. Miscounted
Karmazuniello, they are even more impressive if you shot film!
Karmazuniello, they are even more impressive if you shot film!
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 12/02/2010 - 11:35
Link
really nice set
If i had to pick numbers 3 and 7
but as said before they all as a hole tell a good story of life
James
If i had to pick numbers 3 and 7
but as said before they all as a hole tell a good story of life
James
Posted 12/02/2010 - 11:51
Link
I think 3 and 6 are my favourites.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Posted 12/02/2010 - 12:31
Link
I'm not choosing: how could one? They're a wonderful set. I recently wrote in a thread that photographs should engage the mind as well as the eyes and the emotions...
I've just spent the morning photographing a boring, disused quarry; I'm not sure whether to give up today or tomorrow: I'll never produce anything this good.
Regards,
Andrew
I've just spent the morning photographing a boring, disused quarry; I'm not sure whether to give up today or tomorrow: I'll never produce anything this good.
Regards,
Andrew
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


102 posts
18 years
I was there one day before the celebrate and just for an one hour. I made eleven shots. I want to show you nine pictures.
As I wrote in the tilte, it's not a reportge but a some kind of obserwation througt my streetphotography eye.