Howdy from Japan

micmarc

Link Posted 27/04/2019 - 01:49
I am new here. Just landed in after having been lurking for a while from time to time.
I am Italian, living in Japan since about 20 years. I am researcher, teacher and photographer. I am also Curator of the collection of images and equipment of the late Shoji Otake, who contributed to the development of several Pentax Limited lenses, beside being one of the leading character in photography, TV and media world during from the post-war period until about 10 years ago (not much heard outside Japan, though, as he did not care about it, differently from other JApanese photographers). I myself and our page are available also on Facebook, if interested (Shoji Otake Photography).
I am a Pentax user, of course, but I use also other platforms for work and preference. Cheers to everybody.

JohnX

Link Posted 27/04/2019 - 08:11
Welcome! How is Pentax regarded in Japan by Japanese? I get the impression from other boards globally that we Pentaxians are niche players and that commercially Pentax simply doesn't get much shelf room.

Algernon

Link Posted 27/04/2019 - 10:13
Hello and Welcome to the forum. Shoji Otake Photography sounds interesting I'll have to try using Facebook..... not a site that I like, but I'll give it a shot.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 27/04/2019 - 10:41
Welcome to the forum, it's always good to have interesting new people around.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

pschlute

Link Posted 27/04/2019 - 13:20
Very interesting. Welcome.
Peter

My Flickr page

swarf

Link Posted 27/04/2019 - 14:27
pschlute wrote:
Very interesting. Welcome.

+ 1 - Welcome

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.