How Much Does Your Mobile Phone Cost.

ChrisR

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 20:18
Hi.

How much does your mobile phone cost ?.

The reason I ask this question, I see people walking past my house, with their mobile stuck to their ear, one person passes twice a day, every day, always using their phone, this person is not an exception though.

Number one, I always wonder what they have to say so much.
Number two, how much is it costing.

I will start the ball rolling, I have a pay as you go, mobile, I purchased 25.00 worth of air time approx, five years ago, I still have just under 20.00 credit left.

I suppose you would say I am a low user.

Take care.

Chris R.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

davex

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 20:24
My mobile is supplied by the company i work for.
I beleive the average bill is less than 5 a month.
The phone itself is nearly 10 years old, it hasn't even got a camera
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

Mannesty

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 20:29
ChrisR wrote:
... I have a pay as you go, mobile, I purchased 25.00 worth of air time approx, five years ago, I still have just under 20.00 credit left.

In Spain, PAYG from Telefonica/Movistar costs a minimum of 10/6 months. If you don't renew after 6 months, you lose the number.

Which mobile operator are you with? I have an Orange phone on contract and I want to change to PAYG to remove the 25/month fee.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

Mike-P

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 20:37
Both mine and my wifes phones are on a joint bill/contract where we just pay for calls, no standing charges etc. Our average joint bill per month is normall less than 10p.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

ChrisR

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 20:38
I am with Orange, yes they did disconnect it once, but I stated that they had accepted my money, to provide a service. If they were unable to do this, then I wanted a refund on moneys not used. They reconnected and I have not had a problem since.

My sister had the same problem, but a complaint got her reconnected.

Take care.

Chris R.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

DOIK

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 20:43
Quote:
:The phone itself is nearly 10 years old, it hasn't even got a camera

And looks like a brick

I don't have one.Had enough of them when I was working.

John

snappychappy

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 20:51
Barely use mine, 10 a year.
My piccies.

fatspider

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 20:54
Quote:
My mobile is supplied by the company i work for.
I beleive the average bill is less than 5 a month.
The phone itself is nearly 10 years old, it hasn't even got a camera

You forgot to add you work for Ebeneezer Scrooge

Mines about 10 per month, but I dont use anywhere near my limit of calls, It works out about the same as just buying a new phone.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

beginner

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 20:57
Has anyone thought how people managed before they were invented?....
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!

andrewk

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 21:19
I use mine mainly for internet and email access when I am on holiday - maybe 20 - 30 per year total.

Andrew
Flickr photostream

Mannesty

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 21:20
beginner wrote:
Has anyone thought how people managed before they were invented?....

Did people exist before mobile phones?
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

techno-terminator

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 21:21
I have, and use, 2 - a Virgin rolling monthly one which costs me 5/month and I get unlimited Virgin to Virgin calls and SMS to any Network in the UK [ in practice I understand there is a limit of about 3000 on each ] and 100 mins of voice calls to any mobiles or UK Landline Numbers [ I get that lot as I'm also on Virgin media ]

I also have a Belgian number which is still , when out of the UK , cheaper than my Virgin one . That is used every time I go abroad - and at present that has a balance 19 on it . I think it was 24 before I went to Dublin at Easter and I used it whilst I was away in France. I can top that up over the Internet when necessary.
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

JamieT

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 21:22
About 30 a month. I love it like people love their cameras. The iPhone is an amazing tool, mainly for passing time on the bog.
K5, LTD 15 SIG 30, SIG 105.

Dangermouse

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 21:25
In some areas they didn't cope - in the event of a car problem in the uninhabited wilderness you'd have had a long, cold wait for help. I know I mostly regard mine as a device for sending SOS messages, in fact I send more texts than calls as it's extremely useful to be able to say "am outside Debenhams" or "In pub, where are you?"

I do wonder how on earth anyone manages to wander around with one clamped to their ear all the time. Mind you, I do have this weird idea that a conversation involves two parties and actual communication takes place, rather than one party displaying verbal diarrhea with the other(s) too polite to tell them to shut up!
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.

Epithet Man

Link Posted 14/06/2011 - 21:38
About 10 per month, which includes as much internet as I can use. I think the internet usage is subject to a "fair usage" policy, but given that I mostly do email and read news websites and camera websites, I've never even come near to breaching the terms of fair use.

I mainly use it on the bus to/from work.

It's got a camera, but it isn't very good. I actually wish I had one without a camera because occasionally I go places where cameras simply aren't allowed (although not as often as I used to).

I send about 1 SMS per day, and make a phone call about once a week (usually for no more than 10 seconds). I receive a lot of calls though (usually lasting less than 10 seconds each).

Occasionally I have to put the thing to my ear for tens of minutes at a time. At the end of the experience, my head is hot and not very happy.

Having re-read this, maybe I should just buy myself a 3G dongle and ditch the phone...

EM
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.