How many photographers use video function on DSLR

This topic has a poll - login to enter
K10D
Posted 25/12/2014 - 04:45 Link
My answer was seldom, as Mike P.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
screwdriver222
Posted 25/12/2014 - 08:24 Link
I used video a couple of times on my K-R a few years back. When I changed to a K5 I tested it to make sure it works but on my K3 I haven't even done that.

Jeff
judderman62
Posted 25/12/2014 - 12:02 Link
swarf wrote:
I voted 'Never', although to be completely honest I have played with it 3 or 4 times. If I wanted a video camera I would have brought one - they're cheap enough.

Phil
what he said ^^^
judderman62
Posted 25/12/2014 - 12:04 Link
MrB wrote:
The very few video clips I've done (and those were several years ago) were using a compact camera with a powerful optical zoom. Never used the video mode on the K-5, nor even with the MX-1.

Cheers.
Philip
and what he said ^^^
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
erikro
Posted 25/12/2014 - 19:03 Link
I have never used the videofunktion on my camera, nither on my K-5 and K-5IIs.
I bought these cameraes to take pictures, not video.
But many years ago I tried, not video, but 8mm film, and it was not me!
If I wanted to make video I would have bought a videocamera!
Anyhow it is a nice thing that you can take a video if you want to.
Just like a smartphone, it can everything today and many people says to me, why a camera, my phone can take fine pictures!!!!

I really like my cameraes and enjoy taking pictures.

Regards Erik
stu62
Posted 26/12/2014 - 14:46 Link
I agree[quote:3496ace15f="erikro"]I have never used the videofunktion on my camera, nither on my K-5 and K-5IIs.
I bought these cameraes to take pictures, not video.
But many years ago I tried, not video, but 8mm film, and it was not me!
If I wanted to make video I would have bought a videocamera!
Anyhow it is a nice thing that you can take a video if you want to.
Just like a smartphone, it can everything today and many people says to me, why a camera, my phone can take fine pictures!!!!

I really like my cameraes and enjoy taking pictures.

Regards Erik[/quote

I agree with erik
Posted 07/01/2015 - 16:26 Link
I'd have to admit that I do use the video on my K5II.... but only for the audio! I make a few AV shows for fun and nothing beats getting the right sounds for the scenes. It's mainly the sounds of nature - birds, waves etc,. I then have to strip the audio out of the video (using 'Any Video Converter'') and then put the mp3 it produces into the normal slideshow software (including Lightroom, PS Elements etc). Job's a good'un.
gramar
Posted 14/01/2015 - 22:42 Link
Tried it once on my K-30 but not as impressive as my point and shoot Panasonic TZ25
cedricd
Posted 21/01/2015 - 19:07 Link
Did some side by side videos with my K3 and NX300 and the K3 didn`t win in the quality stakes. This is a shame but hopefully Ricoh will improve things in the race to keep up with other manufacturers.
Enjoy life
50mpCMOS
Posted 21/01/2015 - 20:54 Link
The Pentax K3 has some impressive glass specs for video, but... With a sensor that large and using ANY available settings... It's actually "more difficult" to capture quality video than a camera with a smaller sensor; even one such as a GH4.

But for current model dslr's nothing quite gets close to an Canon full frame eos 1d C. Even with that size of the glass coupled to that full frame sensor; it's one of the best cameras on the market - right up there with the RED line
richandfleur
Posted 21/01/2015 - 23:39 Link
50mpCMOS wrote:


But for current model dslr's nothing quite gets close to an Canon full frame eos 1d C.
What about a handycam?

Interesting, quite a view vote on the quiz, showing about 1/3 use the video function.
That's probably on a par with the intervalometer and inbuilt HDR functions etc.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo