Hollywood walk....
Posted 21/04/2019 - 16:54
Link
Last one for me - pop!
Number 5 is a close second and I like 2 (although the CA hurts a little - maybe some exposure correction for the highlights would help too).
Love the lens.
Number 5 is a close second and I like 2 (although the CA hurts a little - maybe some exposure correction for the highlights would help too).
Love the lens.
All the gear with no idea
Posted 21/04/2019 - 17:44
Link
HarisF1 wrote:
I like 2 (although the CA hurts a little - maybe some exposure correction for the highlights would help too).
That one looks good to me. Maybe I haven't got my monitor so bright as yours!
I like 2 (although the CA hurts a little - maybe some exposure correction for the highlights would help too).
John K
Posted 21/04/2019 - 18:34
Link
HarisF1 wrote:
Last one for me - pop!
Me too. That is one lens that is lacking in my collection. If ever you are thinking of selling .......Last one for me - pop!
ps. I have seen the prices they fetch
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 21/04/2019 - 20:47
Link
pschlute wrote:
ps. I have seen the prices they fetch
Well...
.HarisF1 wrote:
Last one for me - pop!
Me too. That is one lens that is lacking in my collection. If ever you are thinking of selling .......Last one for me - pop!
ps. I have seen the prices they fetch
...I do have 2 copies
LennyBloke
Posted 21/04/2019 - 20:47
Link
JAK wrote:
Overall it's fine, I just find that little spot of brightness above centre slightly distracting. Viewed on phone so saturation and brightness are always a touch 'extra'!HarisF1 wrote:
I like 2 (although the CA hurts a little - maybe some exposure correction for the highlights would help too).
That one looks good to me. Maybe I haven't got my monitor so bright as yours!I like 2 (although the CA hurts a little - maybe some exposure correction for the highlights would help too).
It does look nicer on the PC monitor though
All the gear with no idea
Posted 21/04/2019 - 20:49
Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Well... .
...I do have 2 copies
This isn't the usual request, but could you possibly take an image at infinity/wide open with both of them? I want to see how your edges compare to mine. It's got top class sharpness in the centre but the edges get a bit ugly due to the field curvature. Much nicer when it's stopped down though.
Well... .
...I do have 2 copies
All the gear with no idea
Posted 21/04/2019 - 21:57
Link
HarisF1 wrote:
I don't think I've ever done a fully technical test on any of my lenses, and I don't think I'd be particularly good at it - when I sell a lens I will quite often take a set of photos that illustrate the strengths of a lens and this usually re-enforces the reputation that contributed to me buying it in the first place. LennyBloke wrote:
Well... .
...I do have 2 copies
This isn't the usual request, but could you possibly take an image at infinity/wide open with both of them? I want to see how your edges compare to mine. It's got top class sharpness in the centre but the edges get a bit ugly due to the field curvature. Much nicer when it's stopped down though.Well... .
...I do have 2 copies
My 2 copies appear to produce very similar results - whether they are great at the edge or not I don't know there are a few more in this Flickr album if it helps: https://www.flickr.com/photos/62460860@N05/albums/72157668141953375/with/40692243473/
My view of this lens (which I've owned 3 copies of) is that it is probably the best moderate wide ever produced by Pentax (and I include the FA 31mm Limited in that view) - I can't define what its qualities are, but the images it produces are pleasing to me, and if you believe the reviews of others it is rather special - https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-K-28mm-F2-Lens.html
LennyBloke
Posted 21/04/2019 - 22:52
Link
Number 5 for me - a beautiful classic photo.
Philip
Philip
Posted 22/04/2019 - 01:10
Link
3 and 5 but that's being picky since the others are just as good ! I always thought the F28 was supposed to be the best they ever made? They cost a mint.
Posted 22/04/2019 - 07:49
Link
Super images especially no. 5.
That K28 is one of the lenses missing from my K lens line-up...
K.
That K28 is one of the lenses missing from my K lens line-up...
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 22/04/2019 - 09:57
Link
And far more attractive than the little town in the States...
I like no 2 (CA or not!) and also the first bluebell shot. However you have caught some special light IMO with the blossom one and a nice emphasis to it with the crop
I like no 2 (CA or not!) and also the first bluebell shot. However you have caught some special light IMO with the blossom one and a nice emphasis to it with the crop
Andy
Posted 22/04/2019 - 10:57
Link
Wonderful set of pictures! No. 3, 4 & 5 are my favorites. I also like the 7th pic! Amazing collection!
Posted 23/04/2019 - 16:50
Link
Lovely set John... personally really like 5 and 7... 5 in particular, with its repeating pattern of the bluebell foreground in the background tree...
Best
Best
Posted 23/04/2019 - 20:19
Link
Thanks again Guys - it seems that no.5 is the favourite, a shot I probably couldn't have managed without the superb articulating screen of the K1 (and I though it was a gimmick at launch). No.2 was almost unusable out of camera, but bringing out the shadows and dropping back the highlights made it a pleasing (if not technically good) shot - this was a prime example of where the human eyes perception of subject is so much better than any sensor.
I've spent too many hours agonising over which lenses to take out for a walk - so over the last few weeks I've just chosen a lens that is likely to be the most useful for the subject and committed to it! It makes you work more for your compositions and you miss a few potential shots but it can be very worthwhile
I've spent too many hours agonising over which lenses to take out for a walk - so over the last few weeks I've just chosen a lens that is likely to be the most useful for the subject and committed to it! It makes you work more for your compositions and you miss a few potential shots but it can be very worthwhile
LennyBloke
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


7383 posts
18 years
Worcestershire
Click on the image for a bigger version on Flickr...
1. Branching Out.
2. Tree of the Valley.
3. White Flowers 1.
4. White Flowers 2.
5. Bluebells 1.
6. Bluebells 2.
7. Blooming Blossom.