Holiday snaps from Wyoming

pschlute
Posted 13/09/2009 - 18:59 Link
I have just got back from holiday in the USA to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Fantastic place, but sorting through the photos will take some time. Here is my favourite so far: Schwabacher's Landing in the Tetons.

K10D + DA* 16-50

Comment Image
Edited by pschlute: 13/09/2009 - 19:19
jaco
Posted 13/09/2009 - 19:15 Link
Beautiful place and fantastic photo.
Claudio
DA*16-50
fatspider
Posted 13/09/2009 - 19:19 Link
WOW, looks like that air might actually be good to breath

Hurry up and get them sorted and lets see some more.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
pschlute
Posted 13/09/2009 - 19:57 Link
cardiff_gareth wrote:
Thats a super cracker of a shot, I love the sky.

Did you do any post production or use a Circular Poloriser ??
Gareth

Yes a polariser and in pp I used blend mode "overlay" at 40% to bring up the contrast.
pschlute
Posted 13/09/2009 - 21:16 Link
Gareth, you certainly will be able to use blend modes in Photoshop.

Have a look at this set of articles to explain what each one does http://www.ronbigelow.com/articles/blend1/blend1.htm
George Lazarette
Posted 13/09/2009 - 23:25 Link
Super picture.

Funnily enough, my brother was in Yellowstone a week or two back, struggling with a new K20D and a bison that seemed to like their campsite.

You didn't notice any grumpy-looking Pentaxians with friendly bison?

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
pschlute
Posted 13/09/2009 - 23:43 Link
George

I only spotted one other Pentax user while I was there.

I do seem to recall seeing a bison with a pentax zoom for a horn though

I hope your brother enjoyed it as much as we did.
Edited by pschlute: 13/09/2009 - 23:44

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo