His and Hers K5s
Posted 14/04/2011 - 17:03
Link
Have fun everyone. I just tried to rent one from SRS - they dont have any rental stock
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 14/04/2011 - 19:09
Link
MattMatic wrote:
I gave in as well!
Ordered from SRS yesterday... K-5 and bits arrived about half hour ago.
Initial thoughts: menus are a bit different to the K-7 but more logical, shutter is wonderful, IQ is stunning, and even the 18-55WR is very respectably made!! LV is a huge improvement, dual level sensor is useful, configuration of RAW button is wonderful.
Have fun John & Sue!!
Matt
Didn't take long to give in then!
I gave in as well!
Ordered from SRS yesterday... K-5 and bits arrived about half hour ago.
Initial thoughts: menus are a bit different to the K-7 but more logical, shutter is wonderful, IQ is stunning, and even the 18-55WR is very respectably made!! LV is a huge improvement, dual level sensor is useful, configuration of RAW button is wonderful.
Have fun John & Sue!!
Matt
Posted 14/04/2011 - 22:11
Link
Quote:
Didn't take long to give in then!
Ha ha. You're right - once I saw the high ISO results Didn't take long to give in then!
I'd happily shoot to 2500 on K-7. Initial look and I'm happy with 10000 on the K-5
Two whole stops - yahay!!
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 15/04/2011 - 00:39
Link
K-5 6400 is like 800 was on my K20D. I'd claim almost a 3 stop improvement.
Wonderful!!!
Wonderful!!!
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


24425 posts
24 years
Tyldesley,
Manchester