high key image

Don
Posted 06/05/2009 - 00:40 Link
so as not to hijack another thread...

I thought I'd share this image to illistrate a very basic high key image shot.
I used two strobes at 45 deg angles with umbrellas to light the white seamless paper.
Mr skullhead was lit with one strobe and a shoot through umbrella, with a reflector for fill.

You will note that the use of umbrellas as opposed to softboxes gives a slight falloff of 1/2 stop.
by setting the exposure to get clean whites without actually burning in any hotspots there is no flare or excessive spill light.

hope this helps illustrate what I was talking about in the other thread.........
Comment Image
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
mikew
Posted 06/05/2009 - 07:25 Link
I think it helps me a bit to better understand what you're explaining it seems to be all about balancing the light sources.

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo