Hi from Oz

dgd
Posted 10/12/2008 - 13:41 Link
Very glad to have found this site. Just ordered the D-BG2 Grip at a record low price. FAB Thunderbirds are go!
Using a K20 D. Very happy with it. Raw - love it! I'm an artist working in painting drawing and digital media. I want to take some very close up shots of faces - skin and eyes - any suggestions on macros and lighting would be really appreciated. Cheers all. P.S. I live in Australia - nothing like the film!
Hyram
Posted 10/12/2008 - 13:41 Link
Welcome dgd from Oz.
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
dgd
Posted 10/12/2008 - 13:47 Link
Many thanks Hyram. And Lightning quick too.
HeyElwood
Posted 10/12/2008 - 14:03 Link
Hey dgd,

I'm new as well to the forum. I have to ask, how do you like the k20d? I have a k100d but just ordered the 20d online. I'm really excited to start using it.

Greetings from the U.S.A. specifically Michigan (where it's as cold as my last relationship). I have always wanted to visit Australia. It's one of my dreams to hold a Kola Bear.
dgd
Posted 10/12/2008 - 14:12 Link
The K20 D is a joy. Shooting in RAW is liberating. Exporting to Corel or Photoshop is incredibly easy especially if you're exporting from the Photo lab. Also, if you're shooting JPGS there is not as much loss of resolution as in some other cameras, despite all the hype about other brands. I've just ordered the battery grip as continuous shooting uses up battery life fairly quickly.
ttk
Posted 10/12/2008 - 14:18 Link
HeyElwood wrote:
Hey dgd,

I'm new as well to the forum. I have to ask, how do you like the k20d? I have a k100d but just ordered the 20d online. I'm really excited to start using it.

Greetings from the U.S.A. specifically Michigan (where it's as cold as my last relationship). I have always wanted to visit Australia. It's one of my dreams to hold a Kola Bear.
Welcome to the forum........


dgd wrote:
The K20 D is a joy. Shooting in RAW is liberating. Exporting to Corel or Photoshop is incredibly easy especially if you're exporting from the Photo lab. Also, if you're shooting JPGS there is not as much loss of resolution as in some other cameras, despite all the hype about other brands. I've just ordered the battery grip as continuous shooting uses up battery life fairly quickly.
Welcome also to the forum..
When you both have a moment would you please fill in your location profiles So everyone knows where your from.
Tel,
hefty1
Posted 10/12/2008 - 14:21 Link
Hello dgd - welcome to the forum.

You'll probably get a better response to equipment-related questions if you start a new thread in either the Lighting or Lenses sub-forums - there are plenty of experts on here who'll be happy to give you advice.
Joining the Q
Gwyn
Posted 10/12/2008 - 14:44 Link
Welcome to the forum dgd
TGK
Posted 10/12/2008 - 14:58 Link
hi and welcome
Tracey
K100D Super,DA 55-300.
CS3
Posted 10/12/2008 - 16:02 Link
Hi and welcome
Mac
Posted 10/12/2008 - 18:41 Link
Hey, David!

Welcome aboard. Hang on for a fun ride!

I like your credentials - you'll have something to offer for sure.

Cheers
Mac from Montreal

SP, SPII, SPF, PZ-10, P30, SFX, K110D, istDS, Optio 60, Z-10, H90, RZ10, I-10, f3.5 28mm, f1.8 55mm, f1.4 50mm, f3.5 135mm, f2.5 135mm, f4 50mm Macro, f4.5 80-200 F, f4 35-70, f3.5 28-80, f3.5 35-135, f3.5 18-55, f1.8 31mm Ltd., two Auto 110's, Auto 110 lenses and filters, tubes, bellows, Manfrottos and a sore back.
Anvh
Posted 10/12/2008 - 19:50 Link
Hi David,
Welcome to the forum.

What do you preciesly want for shots.
A lot of depth or a flat image and what do you want to capture from the eye (small or large iris)?
It would be best to start a new topic in another sub-section of this forum as already suggested.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
womble
Posted 10/12/2008 - 22:09 Link
Welcome from an icy England.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
kerrowdown
Posted 11/12/2008 - 20:47 Link
Welcome aboard, enjoy the forum.
"Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" William Blake

My current Harem comprising: "Mistress" Pentax-A 15mm F3.5, "Good Lady" Pentax-A 20mm F2.8, "Friendly Lady" Pentax-A 24mm F2.8, "Deviate Lady" Pentax 28mm F3.5 Shift, "Street Lady" Pentax-A 28mm F2.8, "Bohemian Lady" Pentax-A 35mm F2.0, "Retro Lady" SMC Pentax-M 40mm F2.8, "Special Lady" Pentax-A 50mm F1.2, "Femme Fatale" Pentax-A 50mm F2.8 Macro, "Sweetheart" Pentax-A* 85mm F1.4, "Lady Luck" Pentax* 135mm F1.8, "Gorgeous Lady" Pentax-A* 200mm F2.8 ED, "Duchess" Pentax-A* 300mm F4.0, "Lady Gaga & Entourage" Pentax-A* 300mm F2.8 ED [IF], "The Queen" Pentax 500mm F4.5
Edited by kerrowdown: 11/12/2008 - 20:47
Clarky
Posted 12/12/2008 - 00:29 Link
Welcome dgd from a fellow aussie Love the K20 its a great camera.

I'll be in Melb just after X-mas, any recommendations on stores for good value Pentax gear.

Welcome also to too HeyElwood. I assure you once you get your first hold of a Koala you may not go back for a second, after its peed all over you and scratched off a few layers of skin.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo