Hi, just joining

stevesparrow

Link Posted 27/06/2010 - 22:40
Hi,

I'm just waiting to get my new KX and reading the forum to learn more (and to buy stuff) so wanted to say hello.

I've been starting to read to find out a lot more about slr photography, and can't wait till my camera gets here.

Anyway, hi - I'm looking forward to taking part a little more.

Steve

techno-terminator

Link Posted 27/06/2010 - 23:06
Welcome

we really are a friendly bunch - but we are human and can spit at each other at times . Don't let that worry you
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

CoDa

Link Posted 27/06/2010 - 23:15
Hi, and welcome to the forum

Regards
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

snappychappy

Link Posted 28/06/2010 - 06:19
Welcome friend.
My piccies.

JForeigner

Link Posted 28/06/2010 - 10:10
Hello and welcome.

G
Armed with a K3, some M, A, FA, DA, and star lens. With an eye open for "just one more lens".

My PPG link

matthew

Link Posted 28/06/2010 - 10:25
hello I would like to welcome

please read the post guild line before posting a image for praise and a pat on the back as we are no longer allowed to do this any more

o'and you are no longer to use the word fantastic as a description for images you like

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 28/06/2010 - 11:42
Welcome to the forum. You'll love your new KX!

I hope you learn as much as I did and have as a good a time as I had.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

robbie_d

Link Posted 28/06/2010 - 12:46
Welcome to the forum!
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.

robbie_d

Link Posted 28/06/2010 - 12:47
matthew wrote:

please read the post guild line before posting a image for praise and a pat on the back as we are no longer allowed to do this any more

o'and you are no longer to use the word fantastic as a description for images you like

Necessary?
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.

johnriley

Link Posted 28/06/2010 - 12:51
No, quite unnecessary and I don't see the puspose of greeting anyone in such a fashion.

You are most welcome as are any images you want to post. If you are in any doubt as to the method, please check the instructions at the top of Your Photos section. Any problems, just ask!
Best regards, John

Snootchies

Link Posted 28/06/2010 - 12:53
robbie_d wrote:
matthew wrote:

Necessary?

Matthew certainly thought it was. And I don't blame him. This whole situation is ludicrous.

Anyways - welcome to the forum Steve.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link

johnriley

Link Posted 28/06/2010 - 13:04
There's a place for everything, and this is not the place for that. Snootchies and Matthew, if you have some comments to make please put your thoughts in order and PM me with the result. Then we can see exactly what aspects you are referring to and what is to be done to resolve it.
Best regards, John

Snootchies

Link Posted 28/06/2010 - 19:52
Sorry John, you are right.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link

Gwyn

Link Posted 28/06/2010 - 20:06
Welcome Steve!
Contrary to the impression given by a couple of people posting here we are really are a friendly, tolerant, helpful forum.
You will soon learn the quirks of some members but I hope they don't put you off.
I look forward to you future contributions.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 28/06/2010 - 21:36
Welcome to our family Steve, as you've already seen we have squabbles like every family!

But deep down this is a warm friendly forum full of generous, helpful people.

(is that OK John?)
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.