Henry the Hoverfly
Posted 11/04/2020 - 19:34
Link
What a cool looking bug, reminds me of Top Gun for some reason.
I tried the same a few years ago with the DFA 100, it requires so much patience to snap one of these.
Images 1, 5 and 7 stand out for me. Perhaps 7 is slightly too contrasty though.
I tried the same a few years ago with the DFA 100, it requires so much patience to snap one of these.
Images 1, 5 and 7 stand out for me. Perhaps 7 is slightly too contrasty though.
All the gear with no idea
Posted 11/04/2020 - 19:48
Link
All superbly well captured
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 11/04/2020 - 21:09
Link
So you've been doing today what I was doing yesterday, including lots of missed focus shots! Your bug looks just like mine. Did it hover tantalisingly close until you'd just got it in focus then moved off just before the shutter fired?
Well done on getting these shots, I feel your frustration!!
Steve
Well done on getting these shots, I feel your frustration!!
Steve
Posted 12/04/2020 - 11:11
Link
Lubbyman wrote:
So you've been doing today what I was doing yesterday, including lots of missed focus shots! Your bug looks just like mine. Did it hover tantalisingly close until you'd just got it in focus then moved off just before the shutter fired?
Well done on getting these shots, I feel your frustration!!
Steve
Those are the tactics it used precisely - it must have been a long flight for it to get from South Dorset to Worcestershire
So you've been doing today what I was doing yesterday, including lots of missed focus shots! Your bug looks just like mine. Did it hover tantalisingly close until you'd just got it in focus then moved off just before the shutter fired?
Well done on getting these shots, I feel your frustration!!
Steve
LennyBloke
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


7386 posts
18 years
Worcestershire
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.