HELP REQUIRED

Anonymous
Posted 14/12/2003 - 17:29 Link
Dear Pentax User,

I've been left an ASAHI Pentax SP500 (3224649) by my Grandfather who was an avid photographer. It is complete with all original parts including the leather pop fastener casing and an attachment which screws to the camera base, (I presume to steady the camera whilst taking a shot.) Also included is a Photax 177c electronic flash unit.
I'd be very interested to know if there are still essential items such as film and flash parts I can buy as I'd like to continue to use this camera along with the more modern cameras I own. I've looked at various web sites which say it's likely to be 28+ years old! Also, if this is the case, could it be worth a considerable amount, something that I should consider adding to my household contents insurance?

Hope to hear from you soon, Mick Clark
johnriley
Posted 14/12/2003 - 19:22 Link
The pentax SP500 is a very useable camera that will give superb results, although some photographic knowledge will be helpful to get the best out of it.

It's value is not high, depending on condition perhaps anything from £45 to £90 or so, so it's real value will lie in using it!

Modern accessories will be useable with no problems and a vast number of 42mm screw thread lenses from Pentax and others are available at very low cost on the second hand market.

I hope you get a lot of fun out of owning this quality camera.
Best regards, John
grahamwalton
Posted 14/12/2003 - 22:26 Link
Flash arry
You asked about film and flash items to use with your SP500.

Standard 35mm film casettes will fit your camera.

For modern flash I would visit a large camera shop and ask for a non-dedicated computer flashgun. There are plenty of these around 2nd hand or new.

grahamwalton

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo