help

stu62

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 21:40
Hi is there any one in the reading area with a k5 that can help me out befor i throw mine in the bin as still having trouble with it
regards stu

davidstorm

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 21:43
What do you need help with Stu?

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

stu62

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 21:47
I just cant get the camera to do what i want it to do
no clarity in the photos and if you put them aside the ones from the k10 and ds that i had they look crap
to put it mildly

regards stu

davem

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 21:53
Can you post some pictures with an explanation of what you did and what you wanted the photo to look like. It might help us understand the issues.

Dave

davidstorm

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 21:53
stu62 wrote:
I just cant get the camera to do what i want it to do
no clarity in the photos and if you put them aside the ones from the k10 and ds that i had they look crap
to put it mildly

regards stu

Can you post some examples?
Are you shooting RAW or JPEG?
Are you post processing the images?
Is it a focussing issue. i.e. are the images soft?

The K-5 is a seriously good camera, so unless you've got a dud, or there's something seriously wrong with the settings or the lens you should get much better results than your DS and K10.

If there's someone experienced with a K-5 living fairly close to you, I would suggest a day out with them so you can compare notes and compare images.

Regards
David

Flickr

stu62

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 22:02
That is why i asked david but i have noticed that on here they all seem to be northeners

There is nothing wrong with that lol thought i had better say that befor i start a argument

People in the south are not as friendly talking from expireance

regards stu

Gwyn

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 22:09
The DS and K10 had a different sort of sensor to the K5 didn't they? I think that is the reason.

I know when I look at photos I took with the Ds they have more zing and clarity to them straight from the camera than anything from the K-5. I felt like you when I upgraded from a Ds to a K20 and on the the K-5. Thought I'd made a terrible mistake but with practice the K-5 produces far better photos.

Are you shooting jpeg or RAW? If jpeg what are the settings you use?

signed an unfriendly southerner, in exile
Last Edited by Gwyn on 16/11/2014 - 22:10

stu62

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 22:22
lol gwyn you sound welsh which dont count

And because you are friendly thats why you are in exile

i have been shooting in jpeg as i have never done any in raw there is a couple on my gallery from the last couple of days the metering seems to be up the creek and as you said it is so different to the k10/k20

Think one off the reasons is it dont feel right in the hand ether

signed someone north of whatford gap exiled to the south

davidstorm

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 22:44
Hi Stu

Just had a look at the two K-5 images on the Gallery and they both look over-exposed to me. Try knocking back the exposure a stop or so and I think this may well help a good deal.

K-5 RAW images need to be processed to get them to sparkle but the JPEGS should be good straight from the camera.

Regards
David

Flickr

doingthebobs

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 22:47
Hi Stu
Took me a little time to get used to the K5 when I moved up from the K10.

I'm sure you will get some help from the others on here but I am just up the road near Thatcham if you get stuck.
Bob

stu62

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 22:48
I cant seem to get that to work david it is probably just me i dont really want to go and by a grip and find that it is the camera
as i always had a grip on my k10
regards stu

stu62

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 22:51
doingthebobs wrote:
Hi Stu
Took me a little time to get used to the K5 when I moved up from the K10.

I'm sure you will get some help from the others on here but I am just up the road near Thatcham if you get stuck.

Thats handy to know bob you have a grip by any chance
as i would love to try it with a grip to see if i can get the feel right of the camera because i think that may be one off the biggist problems i have
regards stu

stu62

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 22:54
i also think i was spoilt when changing from my ds to the k10 as i got the k10 on the sat afternoon and was drag racing with it on the sunday with no problems

doingthebobs

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 23:04
I have a knock off, rather than Pentax, grip you are welcome to try. Should give you an idea.

I think I am used to the K5 now but I did find it took a while to get used to the layout. I didn't find the size a problem but I have small hands, probably why I haven't used the grip much!
Bob

punkrockemo

Link Posted 16/11/2014 - 23:39
I live central reading, have K-30 rather than K-5 but happy to help if i can.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.