HELP! Using 2xAF160 flashguns with a K20D?
Posted 07/12/2009 - 22:48
Link
Anvh wrote:
I think the best way to go is to get
two of these link
two of these link
two of these link
To be honest you might be better of getting an ring flash, though.
Thanks Stefan.I think the best way to go is to get
two of these link
two of these link
two of these link
To be honest you might be better of getting an ring flash, though.
I have looked at both the Pentax hot shoe adapters and the ring flash route, and at the moment don't want to commit to spending too much, hence using the PC sync cables, etc. I already have the bracket(s), and reckon I could buy all the other components for less than £30.
Cheap way to experiment
Posted 07/12/2009 - 22:56
Link
Then you've everything settled then, good luck
Posted 07/12/2009 - 23:05
Link
Thanks again Stefan. Main point of the post was (a) to see what more experienced forum members had to say, and (b) to seek reassurance that I wouldn't be zapping my camera
Posted 07/12/2009 - 23:39
Link
John I have used the same setup as you are (2x AF160 flash heads) without any problems at all.
Here is my setup, looks like an alien, take me to your leader.
[IMG]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x261/ClarkyinAus/CIMG2067.jpg[/IMG]
Here is my setup, looks like an alien, take me to your leader.
[IMG]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x261/ClarkyinAus/CIMG2067.jpg[/IMG]
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 08/12/2009 - 00:14
Link
Hey, Clarky, are those flashes mounted on kangaroo paws?
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Posted 08/12/2009 - 01:06
Link
Red Belly Black snakes actually
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 08/12/2009 - 12:02
Link
Clarky wrote:
John I have used the same setup as you are (2x AF160 flash heads) without any problems at all.
Here is my setup, looks like an alien, take me to your leader.
Thanks Clarky. Your rig is a lot more sophisticated than mine, but it answers my query. John I have used the same setup as you are (2x AF160 flash heads) without any problems at all.
Here is my setup, looks like an alien, take me to your leader.
Where did you get the arms?
Posted 08/12/2009 - 12:27 - Helpful Comment
Link
JohnX wrote:
Where did you get the arms?
I made them out of a couple of old desk lamps, a couple of 1/4" screw fittings and some silver solder, quite simple really.
Clarky wrote:
John I have used the same setup as you are (2x AF160 flash heads) without any problems at all.
Here is my setup, looks like an alien, take me to your leader.
Thanks Clarky. Your rig is a lot more sophisticated than mine, but it answers my query. John I have used the same setup as you are (2x AF160 flash heads) without any problems at all.
Here is my setup, looks like an alien, take me to your leader.
Where did you get the arms?
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 08/12/2009 - 13:26
Link
Quote:
I made them out of a couple of old desk lamps, a couple of 1/4" screw fittings and some silver solder, quite simple really.
I made them out of a couple of old desk lamps, a couple of 1/4" screw fittings and some silver solder, quite simple really.
Mannesty wrote:
You can buy flexible microphone stands quite cheaply on ebay.
I feel a BIG revision of my project plans coming on
You can buy flexible microphone stands quite cheaply on ebay.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



2470 posts
17 years
South London
The plan is to connect the two flashguns to the camera using PC sync cables.
Is the resulting trigger voltage likely to cause damage to the camera?
As far as I can determine these flashguns have a trigger voltage of around 4v each.
Also, would it be best to (a) link them to the camera PC socket via a 'Y' adapter, or (b) via the camera hot shoe using a multi-PC adapter?