Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Help! Anyone found a non-backpack fits a Pentax 67ii well?

BigTed
Posted 21/12/2008 - 17:39 Link
I'm finding using a backpack a bit of a pain - on, off, unzip, change mind, (same thing in reverse), walk on.
I've come to the conclusion the answer is a small bag for a couple of spare lenses, filters, space to throw lens caps, etc etc PLUS another small bag for the camera itself with lens attached.
This would mean you can walk with a bag each side (so you don't walk around in circles...) while still reaching everything easily.

However the P67 with prism is not a small camera.
Anyone know of a 'small' bag that takes the P67 and prism with a short lens (45mm?), face down? (I don't fit the 'spade handle' as I always use a tripod).
Or anyone got any better ideas? (I have considered Sherpas already...)

Thanks!
johnriley
Posted 21/12/2008 - 18:24 Link
Billingham Hadley Large.
Best regards, John
LiamD
Posted 21/12/2008 - 20:00 Link
Lowepro slingshot 200.

They're in stock in Jessops in Maidenhead today, and they seem to carry a fair bit of Lowepro gear, so you could probably take the camera in to your local branch to check sizing. I have one, but having never seen a 67, I wouldn't like to guess if it'll fit. I can get a DL and lens, with 4 more lenses and a 360 flash unit in mine, (plus all the usual cards, batteries, filters, etc.) so it's not that tiny..

You wear it like a backpack, but it has one "cross your heart" strap, and you just swing it around to the front to access everything. It comes with a fitted raincover too.. very useful when roaming the Lakes.

Cheers

Liam
Liam

"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James

Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
Edited by LiamD: 21/12/2008 - 20:01
vic cross
Posted 22/12/2008 - 11:22 Link
Big Ted. Have you thought about a photographers vest. A waistcoat with many padded pockets to carry all ancillery equipment balanced over your upper torso.(Plus a smallish bag for the camera). A fishermans waistcoat will do the same job but not padded. There is useually a large pocket at the back where you can put either a small tripod/monopod or a waterproof. This type of waistcoat can often be found for much less cash in Army & Navy type stores.
LiamD. For Pentax 67 think 35mm on steroids.
Cheers Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
antonius
Posted 22/12/2008 - 20:17 Link
I use the largest of the Crumpler bags with my P67, able to get the camera with standard lens on, and two other lenses (55 & 135), its a tight fit but still room for a light meter and plenty of film in the zip pockets. I also use a Billingham 445, which I'm able to fit all the above comfortably in it. A Billingham Hadley Large is not suitable for a P67.
I can't remember the model of the Crumpler bag I use, as its a few years old.
I would recommend a Billingham 445 or 555, expensive but they last a life time.

Regards, Tony.
gartmore
Posted 02/01/2009 - 17:18 Link
I use the biggest Billingham there is for my 645 stuff, cant remember the model name/number. A better, much better idea is to get an assistant to carry your back pack and you just take what you need from it whenever you want.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
johnriley
Posted 02/01/2009 - 17:40 Link
If you can lift the biggest Bilingham bag after you've filled it to capacity then that is an amazing feat indeed. Only for those who can eat three Weetabix for breakfast.
Best regards, John
gartmore
Posted 03/01/2009 - 16:05 Link
Sadly, John, it was a mistake to buy something that big! The temptation is to fill it and when I do I'm convinced someone has nailed it to the floor.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.