Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Help! Lightroom

michaelblue
Posted 14/05/2014 - 16:18 Link
I'm going mad .... with Lightroom and Adobe CS6!
I'll open a file (Raw, Jpeg or Tiff) and adjust the colours in 'Develop' to get perfect beautiful reds but when I switch to 'Library' the reds change to orange! So, no matter what I do to the reds, when I export them the red has changed to orange. This has only started happening recently.
In all other programs (Faststone etc.) the reds are perfect....except adobe cs6' where they are also orange.

I calibrate my monitor using 'Huey' and have done for years without any problem

This problem is only with red, as all other colours are fine.

Even if I open (edited) images from years ago I get the same problem

Please save my sanity!!!!
Regards,
Michael
cabstar
Posted 14/05/2014 - 16:36 Link
When you export from the develop module do the reds turn orange?
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
michaelblue
Posted 14/05/2014 - 21:13 Link
It depends which program i open them with after exporting, if i open them in lightroom or photoshop they're orange, if i open them in anything else they are red.
Inidentally, i uploaded one to facebook and that was orange!
Regards,
Michael
cabstar
Posted 14/05/2014 - 21:44 Link
Are you using the same rgb in both programmes???
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
McGregNi
Posted 14/05/2014 - 23:30 Link
That colour difference (reds to orange) I have found can sometimes be caused by a colour mode mismatch - eg if you are carrying out saturation or vibrance type operations in a LAB colour mode. Check your LR develop module settings to make sure you are carrying out the process in a standard sRGB mode, assuming this is your intended output colourspace.

My preferred editor, Sagelight, has a number of buttons to switch between these different modes, making it easy to control (and make a mistake!) - I don't know the LR interface, but its worth checking there's nothing buried deep somewhere.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
michaelblue
Posted 15/05/2014 - 17:03 Link
Cabstar.....yes, I'm using Srgb in all programs
Regards,
Michael
aliengrove
Posted 24/05/2014 - 18:52 Link
Have a look at this thread....link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.