Help / Advice needed
Posted 02/07/2012 - 10:05
Link
Hi Wes (and welcome) - It may just be a bit of dust on the sensor. If you have the instruction book take a look at the section for sensor cleaning, but take care that you follow the advice properly. Usually locking the mirror up and gently blowing with a "Rocket" type blower is sufficient. You should also be able to do a "sensor check" to first see where the dust is.
LennyBloke
Posted 02/07/2012 - 10:17
Link
Thanks for the response......I initially thought it may be a bit of dust but it is absolutely symmetrical, it resembles one of the 'check' boxes on ebay for example, where you click to accept something and a black dot appears inside a circle, although my problem is more of a pale grey rather than defined black.... I will check the sensor anyway to see if it resolves the problem.
Posted 02/07/2012 - 21:02
Link
John,
How do I go about posting an image........... if you drop me an email address I could send one by
Wes
How do I go about posting an image........... if you drop me an email address I could send one by
Wes
Posted 02/07/2012 - 21:42
Link
Wes4390 wrote:
John,
How do I go about posting an image........... if you drop me an email address I could send one by
Wes
https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/how-to-post-images-6624
John,
How do I go about posting an image........... if you drop me an email address I could send one by
Wes
Posted 02/07/2012 - 22:24
Link
Don't know if this will work, here goes. The blemish is in the sky right had side
http://s1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg598/wes4390/?action=view¤t=IMGP7537_...
http://s1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg598/wes4390/?action=view¤t=IMGP7537_...
Posted 02/07/2012 - 22:40
Link
It is a littleclearer in this.......
http://s1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg598/wes4390/?action=view¤t=IMGP7455....
http://s1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg598/wes4390/?action=view¤t=IMGP7455....
Posted 02/07/2012 - 22:48
Link
Dust!
Posted 02/07/2012 - 22:50
Link
As the rest of the sensor looks ok this is obviously something that the cameras dust removal can't shift, and as it's been there so long it's doubtful a rocket blower will help, you need to invest in some wet cleaners.
I doubt it's a fault with the sensor, the halo effect is a characteristic of dirt.
I doubt it's a fault with the sensor, the halo effect is a characteristic of dirt.
Posted 02/07/2012 - 23:03
Link
Thanks for the help .......I have used a rocket blower this evening and will buy some wet cleaners tomorrow, any advice on a brand/type. I should say the only shop near to me is Jessops and are they relatively easy to use...........
Posted 04/07/2012 - 09:36
Link
Although Jessops may stock these, they will advise you to get it cleaned 'professionally' (which basically means they do it for you and charge £40)!
You need something like this. Visible Dust are a very good brand. You might get cheaper, but don't buy too cheap as it may damage your sensor more than it cleans!
You need something like this. Visible Dust are a very good brand. You might get cheaper, but don't buy too cheap as it may damage your sensor more than it cleans!
Posted 05/07/2012 - 10:42
Link
Thanks again ..........will give it a go and see if it sorts out the problem
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


61 posts
14 years
Thanks