Hello Pentax users!

loskeran

Link Posted 11/01/2009 - 07:46
Greytop wrote:
Hi there,

Bit cheeky perhaps... as I'm currently an Oly user but plan very shortly to add the K20D and DA* 16-50 to my gear.
I had planned to continue with the Oly upgrade path this year with a new E-30 but instead I have decided to give Pentax a try
I will keep my 510 as it really is a super little camera but I have always liked Pentax, in fact I came very very close to going for a K10D when I originally purchased my E-510.

Cheers!

Hi ,
And welcome from another “newbe” to the group, you call yourself “grey top” I should call myself “white top” it comes with age you know!!
You will enjoy your new “toy” As I do my K20, I even left Nikon for it, my friend has a D300 and I
get as good results with Pentax, + I do object to paying over £1000 for many of the better Nikon VR lenses. (I bought myself a Tamron 70-200mm f2. instead and at a cost well under £500.
Even my K200 is a very good little camera, I have not tried the new entry Pentax, but I am sure it is also good value.

TGK

Link Posted 11/01/2009 - 09:42
Hi and welcome
Tracey
K100D Super,DA 55-300.
CS3

fatspider

Link Posted 11/01/2009 - 11:08
Quote:
Olympus abandoned their customers when they dropped the OM system

Agreed!

I switched from OM to my very first Pentax, if Olympus had introduced and AF system capable of using exixting OM lenses I would probably still be an Olympus user. IMHO the OM cameras were every bit as good if not better than the Pentax "M" series

Rant over.

Welcome to the forum Greytop
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Hardgravity

Link Posted 11/01/2009 - 14:14
I've considered an old Oly for the collection, the new lenses needed have stopped me so far, still...

Welcome Greytop.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Greytop

Link Posted 11/01/2009 - 14:39
Hey, thanks again for the welcomes everybody

loskeran, yes you've guessed it, it refers to my hair apparently it makes us 'maturing' gents look more distinguished well that's what my wife says anyway. Agreed, Pentax seems to offer extremely good value -v- performance.

Hardgravity, I would certainly not hesitate in recommending Oly, a 510 can be picked up for bargain money these days and the twin lens kit is really rather surprisingly good in terms of optical quality (if a little slow).
Regards Huw

flickr
Last Edited by Greytop on 11/01/2009 - 23:45

loskeran

Link Posted 11/01/2009 - 15:17
Hi Greytop,
I have even got an Olympus baseball cap, now going like me, faded!!I may even get my hands on a Oly E30!
When I go to the NEC next month maybe I will get another,Cap that is!
What a pity Pentax do not exhibit there, (Focus on Imaging)
Samsung did last year with the GX20 (K20 clone).
But still I will enjoy it and maybe spend too much.
I will also see some of my friends at the Disabled Photographers stand.
All the best

user_removed

Link Posted 11/01/2009 - 23:27
Hi Greytop, welcome to the forum.
I do not have any Oly camera but like to read the Olympus user magazine though
Last Edited by user_removed on 12/01/2009 - 00:03

womble

Link Posted 12/01/2009 - 00:51
Welcome to the fora and enjoy your new camera.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

sanderscapes

Link Posted 13/01/2009 - 07:19
Hi greytop and welcome
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.