Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Hello from the west Mids

trickletreat
Posted 24/06/2011 - 19:47 Link
Hello to all of you and thanks to all for the information I have found here.

I bought my first camera, a Ricoh XR1 when I was 13 from money earn't shifting sacks of spuds. It had a fast prime and I learnt quite a bit about photography over many years with it.

A young family came along and cameras came and went. More recently, in other words the last decade, I sold a Canon EOS50e + lenses, eventually replaced with a secondhand 30D+lenses. This was sold this year and I bought the Fuji X100, first one developed a fault, which was replaced by the very good UK Fuji service. The second one locked up frequently and so with a heavy heart was returned....it was just getting in the way of taking pictures.

Lots of advice and reading later, including many threads here, and I have bought a K5+ 18-55. I spent a long time swapping between the K5 and D7000 in the shop, but eventually the feel of the K5 and choice of primes made the decision easier.

I have spent a few weeks with the camera now and will have a few questions. I have added a second hand 55mm 1.4 DA*, it seems to get few mentions, but was a good price, no focus issues, and is very nice.

I looked at a WR 100mm macro today, but seems to be a lot of money for the limited use I will put one to, so will look for second hand or Tamron 90. I did walk out of the shop with a Black rapid RS4, which is a cracking piece of kit.

I know that I will want something a bit wider in the future, but for now will use the 18-55, and check exif in a few months to see what focal length I have been using most.

So here is an early shot with my new camera...and trial at posting pictures

Comment Image

Kind regards

Nigel
col55555ine
Posted 24/06/2011 - 19:58 Link
welcome, nice shot slight shadow on right eye iris opened slightly more,
just recieved 100mm wr macro today,excelent. rememmber if you order via srs let them know your a member of this forum to get free next day delivery...
k-5 IIs, Pentax 60-250, 17-70, 100macro WR, 50mm F2,
AF50 F1.4, Siggy 10-20, Siggy 100-300 F4, ..Pentax Af 160 ring flash
Stuey
Posted 24/06/2011 - 21:30 Link
Welcome
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
i-Berg
Posted 24/06/2011 - 23:27 Link
G'day and welcome Nigel, you'll continue to enjoy your new kit.
japers45
Posted 25/06/2011 - 07:07 Link
Hi Nigel, thats a lovely shot. Welcome to the forum. I have a Tamron 90mm for sale in the classified- have a look, it is mint- make me an offer!
trickletreat
Posted 25/06/2011 - 11:25 Link
japers45 wrote:
Hi Nigel, thats a lovely shot. Welcome to the forum. I have a Tamron 90mm for sale in the classified- have a look, it is mint- make me an offer!

thanks for the comments and welcome all.

Hi Jasper, I have had a look, and it is the version I am after, but I will leave it over the weekend as it might be bad form to register and jump on a sale item. I will pm you in the week if it hasn't gone, many thanks for letting me know.

I want it to improve on pics like this

Comment Image

Nigel
VonBatCat
Posted 25/06/2011 - 19:57 Link
Welcome to the site, see you around and enjoy getting to know your new kit.
John (VonBatCat)

Rule of Thirds - I don't do fractions
link]Other Stuff
VonBatCat.Com

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.