Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Hello from the past

ISO
Posted 21/10/2016 - 17:24 Link
After a long time without contact, it's great to see this new format forum (well to me), is still thriving. Of course it will, because seems to me the new Owners, unlike previous ones, have recognised the true value of Pentax. Great investment in product and promotion. Last time I was here all the talk was about if there would ever be a FF. And you never saw a Pentax camera featured on the front of Mags. All that has changed - fantastic. I still believe, going back to the 60's, that Pentax along with Nikon, were the very best in SLR development. Few of you I guess remember the Pentax Press Ad 'If you want to shoot a black cat in a coal cellar - get a Spotmatic' ....
Other things have too. You get to a situation where the sheer weight of kit is too much to use, so I have gone MFT, and am learning to like it.
Take care All.
Posted 21/10/2016 - 20:48 Link
If weight is a problam then , travel light.
K70 and a prime or 2.

Regards.
Stuey
Posted 21/10/2016 - 21:33 Link
It's good to hear from you Paul ☺

I hope your not set up serves you well 🍺
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
ISO
Posted 03/11/2016 - 20:33 Link
Hi, Theone!
I had rather hoped Pentax would have developed the Q idea further, but wonder if they have really caught on to the MFT trend more. I know FF for Pentax is a real big thing. I also know that Hasselblad is now changeling them in the bigger format. I still love Pentax. They have always been honest.
ISO
Posted 03/11/2016 - 20:38 Link
Hi Stuey,
Long time no speak. See previous Post for my current thoughts. After 50 years handling a Pentax Body and Glass I have to move on if I can still take the Pics.
I am putting together a list of stuff to sell. If anybody wants to know, please send me a PM
Stuey
Posted 05/11/2016 - 13:20 Link
ISO wrote:
Hi Stuey,
Long time no speak. See previous Post for my current thoughts. After 50 years handling a Pentax Body and Glass I have to move on if I can still take the Pics.
I am putting together a list of stuff to sell. If anybody wants to know, please send me a PM

I just noticed my last post said 'not set up' rather than 'new set up'

As for purchases I have just bought some new glass so I may not buy more - I suppose it depends what's going and when 🙂
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.