Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Hello everyone

Steppy
Posted 07/02/2017 - 00:38 Link
I have just sold all my Canon camera gear ( to pay house moving fees ), and have now inadvertently got the opportunity to swap brands. I am hoping to get a K-3ii , 55-300mm PLM lens, and abit later on a Sigma 300f2.8. I love taking photos of wildlife & aircraft flying low level in Wales. I also love macro photography, but never got to try photo stacking as of yet.
I also don't know how to use photoshop, so hoping the Pentax editor is good.
I've had people on here put some great input into my first post, which really helped me decide to swap to Pentax. Should be lots of fun, and hopefully i can get some results posted on here with in the next month.
Thanks everyone,
Stephen
Edited by Steppy: 07/02/2017 - 00:39
davidwozhere
Posted 07/02/2017 - 01:29 - Helpful Comment Link
We got lots of macro lenses, lots of opinions about what's best and lots of advice when you ask for it. (the cameras are quite good too).
Welcome aboard
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
paulcliff
Posted 07/02/2017 - 06:55 - Helpful Comment Link
K3ii is a great choice, you won't regret it, welcome aboard!
Mag07
Posted 07/02/2017 - 06:59 - Helpful Comment Link
Hello and welcome to the forums. Looking forward to your photos!
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)
AlJones2402
Posted 07/02/2017 - 09:30 - Helpful Comment Link
Hi and welcome.
I too enjoy shooting jets low level and a regular at the loop (helps living here).
My current set-up is the k3ii paired with the DFA 150-450MM Lens. In good light it works quite well and when light is not so good I'll use the DA300mm.
I will say that recently I had the opportunity to use the Nikon D500 both with a 300mm f4 and the 200-500mm. Both worked very well and far greater hit rate (as mentioned previously) and more reliable and accurate focus tracking.
I will persevere for now as Pentax look to be innovative and making progress in the right direction. If they can produce a equivalent to the D500 with a 300mm 2.8 I would be more than happy with that set-up.

Look forward to meeting you on the hills one day if we haven't already met. 😊
Attached are some of my examples.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
Mike-P
Posted 07/02/2017 - 09:48 Link
[quote:3496ace15f="AlJones2402"]

Have to say there is nothing wrong with those, excellent set. Lucky you for being so close 😅
AlJones2402
Posted 07/02/2017 - 15:10 Link
Mike-P wrote:

Have to say there is nothing wrong with those, excellent set. Lucky you for being so close 😅

Thanks Mike. Much appreciated. I am happy with the results when it all comes together.
I hope New member Stephen will be as pleased with his Pentax gear. 👍
AndrewA
Posted 07/02/2017 - 15:32 - Helpful Comment Link
Hello and Welcome!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
autumnlight
Posted 07/02/2017 - 22:59 - Helpful Comment Link
Hi and welcome!
Steppy
Posted 08/02/2017 - 06:05 Link
Brilliant Photos Al. I have been going to the loop a couple of times a year for the last 10 years. I have never been to Corris yet, thats on the cards when i get my K-3ii. Long time since i have used a crop camera. Look forward to seeing you up there, i will let you know when i'm planning my next trip, it will be a two dayer 👍🏻
AlJones2402 wrote:
Mike-P wrote:

Thanks Mike. Much appreciated. I am happy with the results when it all comes together.
I hope New member Stephen will be as pleased with his Pentax gear. 👍

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.