Hello everybody!

Spider-Man

Link Posted 21/10/2012 - 10:26
Hi, you guested, it with a username like Spider-Man my name really is Peter Parker and I'm just getting into Digital Photography, how bizarre!

Although I've been interested in photography ever since I was school, a long time ago now, I've only ever dabbled in it. My first camera was a Dixon's exclusive "Chinnon" camera having the Pentax K mount and had a separate motor drive which managed to rattle off just about 2 frames a second. I remember thinking I looked very professional as I snapped away at the Rally Cross cars as they sped around Lyddon Circuit in Kent.

I remember my mum & dad buying me a 70-200 zoom lens for Christmas one year, but cannot remember the make now. This was my lens of choice for the many a happy day looking skywards at the annual Great Warbirds display which was held at West Malling Airbase, until one year they decided to redevelop it into Houses and an Industrial estate!

Time marches on and my interest in photography wained for quite a few years, until I recently decided to invest in a new camera, with a view to getting into photography once more. I did the usual research, photo and camera magazines, Internet reviews, handling various cameras in the big chain stores, etc. Until about a week ago, when I bit the bullet and bought one.

I'm now the proud owner of a Pentax K30 with the 18-135 WR zoom lens. Now all I need to do is figure out how to use it, but that's where the fun starts!

I've never joined anything like the Pentax User Forum before, but hope that in it I'll find a like minded group of individuals that I can get advice from and share my learning experience with. I'm strictly an amateur so go easy on me.

Peter Parker

johnriley

Link Posted 21/10/2012 - 10:38
Welcome, glad to see you found your way through the door into the forum!
Best regards, John

screwdriver222

Link Posted 21/10/2012 - 10:44
A warm wecome to you. I only got a DSLR 20 months ago after a long absence without any sort of camera. I am still amazed with digital photograghy compared to my MEF days.

Jeff
Flickr link

Gwyn

Link Posted 21/10/2012 - 11:27
Hi Peter, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will soon be very familiar with your new camera and taking some great photos.

I went to Lyddon once a few years ago to watch a car by brother-in-law had prepared race. It was great fun. I hope we will go again sometime when we visit Kent again.

McGregNi

Link Posted 21/10/2012 - 12:11
Welcome - its really interesting how the Pentax K mount has allowed many people to rekindle their photography enthusiasm. You've got a great new camera to work with, and there is a particular speacial satisfaction gained from being able to use all the old high quality lenses that are available.

I've only been on this Pentax forum for a few months, but there's a wide range of topics that crop up, plenty of alternative (conflicting?) views, but most importantly a fun vibe and healthy concern for all things Pentax. I look forward to hearing what you say!
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

Northgrain

Link Posted 21/10/2012 - 12:15
Welcome to the forum Peter . Great place to hang out for advice etc etc!
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff

JohnX

Link Posted 21/10/2012 - 12:17
Welcome Peter.

ChrisR

Link Posted 21/10/2012 - 12:36
Hi Peter.

Take care.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

Stuey

Link Posted 21/10/2012 - 13:01
Hello and Welcome
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

judderman62

Link Posted 21/10/2012 - 14:11
welcome along web slinger. Hope you enjoy your time here.
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.