Hello

scousemouse

Link Posted 18/08/2011 - 23:27
Hello everyone,

I'm brand new to photography and have had to be borrowing my mother-in-law's camera whilst I save up for my own... (any suggestions of a decent beginners camera are welcome - preferably not the most expensive on the market!)

I'm currently living in Manchester and most of my photos will most likely portray one of my pets!

Any comments would be welcome...

Clara

stub

Link Posted 19/08/2011 - 08:08
Hi Clara. Welcome to the forum. The camera I would recommend for you would be the Pentax Kr. Twin lens kit, is good value. If you can stretch that far. I too am from Manchester, There is a great Flickr site Manchester Uk, you may have seen.

Stuart
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

stub

Link Posted 19/08/2011 - 08:14
Also some cheap K-x 's. Going on ebay. Which is a fantastic model for a beginner.
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

i-Berg

Link Posted 19/08/2011 - 08:16
G'day and welcome - the Kr is a good suggestion, or else perhaps a used K7 or Kx from a reputable source (the last bit being arguably the most important).
http://www.pbase.com/iberg

Moonraker

Link Posted 19/08/2011 - 08:52
Hi Clara,

Welcome to the site. At least you let me have my camera back unlike my son who still has my drill!

Sally x

davem

Link Posted 19/08/2011 - 09:01
look out in the forum clasifieds you could get a very good quality camera to start you off at a very reasonable price.

ChrisR

Link Posted 19/08/2011 - 09:40
Hi Clara.

Take care.

Chris R.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.