Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

HDFX D-LI90 batteries

Tngc
Posted 21/10/2014 - 05:39 Link
Hi all, does anyone have any experience with HDFX batteries? they are advertised as 2,4 and 8 hour although i can't find any mAh ratings.

Alan
vic cross
Posted 21/10/2014 - 08:18 Link
I don't know that brand but I just got 2 from Amazon. DSTE brand and they are. 2800Ah. A good price, Including postage just under £18.00. Original Pentax are 1860Ah.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
andy_bell
Posted 21/10/2014 - 08:55 Link
Another + for DSTE batteries, look absolutely identical to the Pentax originals, I don't think that they live up to their 2800ma/hr rating.
That said if you buy 3 together it'll cost @£15 so a fiver each isn't too bad, and they are perfectly acceptable in use with no issues so far in over a year...
Get them direct from DSTE via Amazon.

Andy
A few bits & Bobs
Algernon
Posted 21/10/2014 - 11:22 Link
They are known to overstate the capacities, but work quite well and have decent circuitry inside. Probably better with the DSTE charger which will have been designed to charge them properly.

Does anyone know if the DSTE charger LED changes colour as they are recharged.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
andy_bell
Posted 21/10/2014 - 12:14 Link
They should do.....they certainly charge OK, and the charging LED works the same as original batteries in the Pentax charger....
A few bits & Bobs
Edited by andy_bell: 21/10/2014 - 12:15
vic cross
Posted 21/10/2014 - 15:41 Link
Ditto to Andy. CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Tngc
Posted 21/10/2014 - 20:38 Link
Thanks for replies guy's, does the camera see the battery state ok, some of the feedback for these higher capacity batteries say the camera can't see the charge state.

Alan
Algernon
Posted 21/10/2014 - 21:35 Link
The camera can't see it because it can't read the label on the
side of the battery

The batteries inside will probably be the same mAh as the
genuine one, so shouldn't cause a problem

--

Algi
johnriley
Posted 21/10/2014 - 21:55 Link
For those who think all batteries are the same, a test on various batteries may be of interest.

http://t5r.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/e1/clonetests.htm

Although these aren't Pentax batteries, the principle holds good for our discussion here.
Best regards, John
hogboy
Posted 21/10/2014 - 22:08 Link
Apart from the original battery that came with the camera, all of my additional ones have been 3rd party, Pentax, Fuji, Nikon, Samsung etc
I have found no difference in performance or battery life with any of them, the only exception would be the panasonic ones, which are chipped and rather problematic.
£7 for 3rd part vs £45 for Pentax is just ridiculous in my opinion, looking at the casings which are identical, the only real difference is the name on the sticker.
Sony A6000 plus a bunch of lenses
Sony A7ii plus loads of glass
Fuji X20
Tngc
Posted 21/10/2014 - 22:39 Link
Hey Algernon, you could be right after, all it's a Japanese camera and it's English on the battery

As for the status, what i am meaning is the camera is calibrated to expect a battery with approx. 1850-2000mAh so if there is a battery with a capacity of eg. 4000mAh is this going to confuse the camera and show a false status?. Someone on a shop feedback claimed the camera refused to show ANY status using one of these big batteries.

Alan
andy_bell
Posted 22/10/2014 - 08:12 Link
Can only comment on the DSTE batteries,
other than the different lable, they perform identically to the pentax branded ones...absolutely no issues with them whatsoever, the best thing is that they are £55 cheaper than the Pentax ones, so if the do fall off in performance, just chuck them in the recycle bin and buy a new one.....

Andy
A few bits & Bobs
Algernon
Posted 22/10/2014 - 10:53 Link
Be careful ......

http://www.pcworld.com/video/40902/damaged-lithium-ion-battery-explodes.html#tk....

They might play a short Dell advert first

--

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 22/10/2014 - 10:55
vic cross
Posted 22/10/2014 - 11:44 Link
What the hell. I don't hit my batteries with a hammer. DO YOU??????????
CHEERS Vic.
johnriley
Posted 22/10/2014 - 12:10 Link
I shouldn't imagine many people do Vic!
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.