Have I wrecked my roll of Ektar?

Jetsam1

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 14:47
Just realised I'd taken 10 shots with the exposure compensation set to 1/2......... Film is Kodak Ektar 100 that I understeand to be very sensitive to exposure. Have I wrecked these shots or will something be salvaged from them?

I am so often a completely useless muppet.
K5, K200 and several film Pentax cameras!

Don

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 14:53
plus or minus half? if you over exposed it no problem. if under...
well...
you can push or pull the development time to help fix it...
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

Don

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 14:56
actually the film should be able to handle the underexposure ok as well...
I think you'll be fine but your photofinisher may need to adjust at the printing phase..

Jetsam1

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 15:22
It was minus half...... Not impressed with myself today!

Don

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 15:47
I think a hlaf stop underexposure on print film should be fine... maybe a little more grain...
just mention it to your photofinisher and check your prints and negs when you get them back to make sure your prints are printed right.

Dangermouse

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 15:54
I've seen the results of underexposing colour slide film by a stop (ISO set wrongly) and to be honest it didn't look that bad, the images were salvageable although obviously some detail had been lost.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.

Jetsam1

Link Posted 20/12/2010 - 15:56
Hopefully will be ok. The first 5 shots will be ok at least!! At least it was technically a testing roll so nothing really important on it. WIll cross my fingers!

Banjo

Link Posted 21/12/2010 - 00:54
I recently underexposed some Fuji Pro 400H 120 film by two and a half to three stops (due to a malfunctioning TTL meter) and still got some rather moody and dark, but useable, prints. The negatives did look rather thin and washed out.

Another time, I overexposed about half a 35mm colour negative film (Fuji Superia 400ISO) by one stop. Didn't do anything about it (other than reset the ISO to the proper setting -400 instead of 200- as soon as I noticed, for the rest of the film), said nothing to the processor, and the exposure of the prints looked identical throughout the roll: you couln't have told. Even the negatives didn't look all that different
Last Edited by Banjo on 21/12/2010 - 00:55
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.