Harrow Technical to close

jeallen01

Link Posted 04/04/2018 - 07:42
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
jeallen01 wrote:

Finally, for anyone with an old MZ-5 or similar film body, I found out that they can repair both the pop-up flash spring and the faulty internal film drive motors!

I'd be interested to know how much they charge for the cog change on the mirror motor of the MZ-5, did they mention a price?

Sorry, I didn't discuss the cost of that - but see further up this thread for their contact details.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

womble

Link Posted 29/09/2018 - 21:00
Update : Harrow Technical's website says he is still repairing cameras on a semi-retired basis and only by post. Robin only works on film cameras though. He fixed the dodgy circuit board on my LX and its worked perfectly since then.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

jeallen01

Link Posted 29/09/2018 - 21:21
I'm glad that Robin is still active (in a manner of speaking ) - expertise like his is difficult to replace.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

Jcb-Hadlow

Link Posted 24/01/2020 - 19:04
Robin of Harrow Technical is still taking on repairs. He serviced my daughter's Pentax ME Super. Excellent chap. Email info@harrowtechnical.co.uk.

roberrl

Link Posted 25/01/2020 - 11:37
Belated endorsement of Robin's skills. He CLA'd my MX a year or so ago and it came back like new.
Long may he continue.

smc

Link Posted 25/02/2020 - 06:19
Thank you. Have contacted HT for an MX service. Will try Asahi if unsuccessful.

PentaxSpain

Link Posted 22/03/2020 - 10:56
Since this thread started about A110 servicing, I thought the following message from Asahiphoto yesterday 21/3/'20 might be useful:
"Yes , our workshop is still open and we are able to offer a repair service on all the cameras on your list except the Auto 110 .".

In November in response to a query about the MZ5 gear failure:
"MZ-5s replace faulty mirror motor £85".

Turns out I can't find the faulty MZ-5 anyway after several moves and I'd picked up a mint MZ-5n for very silly money, so I didn't pursue finding it!
Last Edited by PentaxSpain on 22/03/2020 - 11:16
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.