Harrow Technical to close

jeallen01

Link Posted 04/04/2018 - 07:42
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
jeallen01 wrote:

Finally, for anyone with an old MZ-5 or similar film body, I found out that they can repair both the pop-up flash spring and the faulty internal film drive motors!

I'd be interested to know how much they charge for the cog change on the mirror motor of the MZ-5, did they mention a price?

Sorry, I didn't discuss the cost of that - but see further up this thread for their contact details.
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!) - and now a K-70 from SRS

womble

Link Posted 29/09/2018 - 21:00
Update : Harrow Technical's website says he is still repairing cameras on a semi-retired basis and only by post. Robin only works on film cameras though. He fixed the dodgy circuit board on my LX and its worked perfectly since then.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

jeallen01

Link Posted 29/09/2018 - 21:21
I'm glad that Robin is still active (in a manner of speaking ) - expertise like his is difficult to replace.
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!) - and now a K-70 from SRS
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.