Mail-in film processing
Posted 02/06/2019 - 17:39
Link
Yep Harman do a great job.
Digitlab are also excellent, and good value if you can send 2 or 3 together.
A lot of Boots stores still offer processing. Their results are hit and miss, particularly the scanning I find.
Digitlab are also excellent, and good value if you can send 2 or 3 together.
A lot of Boots stores still offer processing. Their results are hit and miss, particularly the scanning I find.
Posted 03/06/2019 - 21:27
Link
I used to use The Darkroom UK but have now switched to ag-photographic.
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 05/06/2019 - 19:51
Link
I develop and scan myself now but have in the past been very happy with Photo Film Processing: http://www.photofilmprocessing.co.uk/
Good results and reasonable price-wise. Will push/pull film too.
Good results and reasonable price-wise. Will push/pull film too.
Posted 03/02/2020 - 17:13
Link
I just had a couple of 35mm B+W films come back with scratches on the negatives, parallel to the perforations and on every frame. The films were used straight out of the boxes and the cameras (MZ-S) look immaculate inside. I have only very rarely seen this in the past and I am wondering if this is a problem at the lab? A colour 35mm film and a couple of 120 films sent in at the same time came back fine. Has anyone else had similar issues? Before I change labs, is there anything obvious I should check? Pressure plates in cameras are perfectly clean.
Posted 03/02/2020 - 17:21
Link
If the colour 35mm was shot at a similar time and processed at the same lab, the scratches would suggest it's a lab issue.
If otherwise your happy with the quality and service from the existing lab, I'd be inclined to contact them, complaining in a reasonable manner and see what they come back to you with.
If otherwise your happy with the quality and service from the existing lab, I'd be inclined to contact them, complaining in a reasonable manner and see what they come back to you with.
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 03/02/2020 - 21:19
Link
Do the scratches line up on both films (it's possible there's a problem with the lip on the film canister)? If the colour went through the same camera, it's unlikely to be that. Running s blower brush through the film chamber won't hurt
The only real way to investigate is to shoot another roll and have it processed somewhere else.
The only real way to investigate is to shoot another roll and have it processed somewhere else.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


211 posts
18 years
I will now have to use a mail-in service does anybody have a recommendation?
I would be looking for processing and high quality scan producing a CD or DVD.
I notice my local Tesco has a Max Spielman implant, are they any good?