Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Hands-On Q in AP

Anvh
Posted 10/09/2011 - 22:43 Link
First time hearing about a white list... got any prove?

The strange thing is that for example the DNG of the K5 work great with lightroom, even the older versions... so how can that be?
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 10/09/2011 - 22:44
rparmar
Posted 10/09/2011 - 23:05 Link
Anvh wrote:

I just mentioned it!

1. Since all DNGs are fundamentally the same, there is no reason files shouldn't work unless the software is looking for an ID and restricting access based on this.

2. You can simply change one ID key in the software and files miraculously work.
Listen to my albums free on BandCamp. Or visit my main website for links to photography, etc.
Anvh
Posted 10/09/2011 - 23:17 Link
rparmar wrote:
Anvh wrote:

I just mentioned it!

And you're the only one mentioning it, so don't be sorry that i don't take your word for it because i never had a problem.

Neither has Ned Bunnel though.
He says that the file will open in photoshop but that automatic lens correction doesn't work for example... but that isn't strange at all and has actually nothing to do with DNG. Even with JPG it won't do any automatic lens correction because adobe haven't released any correction profiles for the Q yet.
Not even all the DA lenses are supported yet...
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 10/09/2011 - 23:34
rparmar
Posted 11/09/2011 - 00:04 Link
Anvh I can only assume there's a language barrier in operation here. Otherwise you're being obtuse for the sake of it. You ask me for "prove" and I give you two points of evidence. You don't have to "take my word for it" you can find lots of backup for those two sentences by using a tool we call Google. The fact that some files don't have problems is hardly evidence against the fact that other files do have documented problems. Nothing I said was about the Q but about the Adobe software issue; please read clearly. I was simply trying to help by adding some further points of information.
Listen to my albums free on BandCamp. Or visit my main website for links to photography, etc.
Anvh
Posted 11/09/2011 - 11:43 Link
There is no language barrier at play here.

You wrote those comments because off Gwyn's comment concerning Ned Bunnel, the Q, DNG and photoshop, so there is a connection with the Q here.
So yes i've read it clearly.
The solution you propose wouldn't work for Ned Bunnel and the Q.
I know you never claim it would but since Nud Bunnel comment started it, i thought i should mention it.

I've also looked on google if i could find similar cases you talked about and i couldn't find any.
Since i know your #1 is true and have never heard of a case like #2 it's easy to assume that's wrong.
That's why i asked you for some more information about this because i couldn't find anything.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 11/09/2011 - 11:51
japers45
Posted 11/09/2011 - 11:54 Link
You two get on so well- perhaps we should move the thread to a dating website.
Mike-P
Posted 11/09/2011 - 12:59 Link
rparmar wrote:
Anvh I can only assume there's a language barrier in operation here. Otherwise you're being obtuse for the sake of it.

Anvh wrote:
There is no language barrier at play here.

Well that just about says it all really.
Gwyn
Posted 11/09/2011 - 13:18 Link
If I'd realised my innocent comment would lead to the next round in a boring on going argument between certain forum members I would never have made it.

Can you please stop attacking each other, not only on this thread but on others too? It isn't necessary. Sometimes it is better to just let things go. You do not have to be like a bunch of dogs fighting over a bone all the time. You do not always have to win the battle.

Stefan left for a while, partly because of the attacks he received. When he was gone you were all asking where he was. He comes back and its Round-goodness-knows-how-many in the war of words on this forum.

Grow up all of you!
Mike-P
Posted 11/09/2011 - 13:26 Link
Why did you remove your comment Stefan?
Anvh
Posted 11/09/2011 - 13:26 Link
Ah Gwyn it's also my fault and i didn't went away for that, you know that we Dutch love to discuss things and i ain't that subtle then most of you

But please not let kill this discussing about the DNG and Adobe at least but lets wipe away all the personal matters.
I'm really curious to see the matter of the Adobe's white list because i've never heard of it before.

Sadly i've asked for more information 2 times now because i can't find any so hopefully the third time is the charm...

So yes Mike maybe there is a language barrier...

Mike-P wrote:
Why did you remove your comment Stefan?

Because of Gwyn's comment.
Edited by Anvh: 11/09/2011 - 13:37
Algernon
Posted 11/09/2011 - 13:35 Link
Stefan's quite in order to ask for more information about
Adobe's White List and proof that it exists. I wouldn't
think it a good idea to hack Adobe stuff though and I'm
surprised that it can be done as easily as stated.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
johnriley
Posted 11/09/2011 - 17:57 Link
The same goes here as in the troubleshooting section. Please stop bickering. Any off-topic posts that continue this will just be deleted.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.