Gran Canaria
Posted 13/12/2009 - 15:27
Link
Blimey the beach looks llike the sahara dessert, lovely light on the last image though.
Posted 13/12/2009 - 15:46
Link
Real class Ralf. I love the crisply sharp textures in the sand of No. 1 and the simplicity of the sand dunes against that delicious blue sky in No. 2. The inland scenes with the winding roads could be from the Himalayas; its very graphic.
david
david
Posted 13/12/2009 - 16:51
Link
Thanks guys!
That beach certainly has some elements of a desert. And driving through the inner parts of the island it feels like driving in the mountains (not that I ever drove in the Himalays or Alps). That island certainly has appeal.
Here's another one I just finished working on:
[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Prieni/Gran%20Canaria/_RDP5221fc.jpg[/IMG]
Prieni
That beach certainly has some elements of a desert. And driving through the inner parts of the island it feels like driving in the mountains (not that I ever drove in the Himalays or Alps). That island certainly has appeal.
Here's another one I just finished working on:
[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Prieni/Gran%20Canaria/_RDP5221fc.jpg[/IMG]
Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Prieni's PPG page
Posted 13/12/2009 - 17:46
Link
When I've been to maspolomas dunes it has always been populated by naked Germans. I do hope you'll be partially clothed Ralph !
I love the golden light in the 4th shot, it is wonderful against the green. The terraced fields cutting into the landscape are fantastic.
I love the golden light in the 4th shot, it is wonderful against the green. The terraced fields cutting into the landscape are fantastic.
Posted 13/12/2009 - 17:57
Link
Bob, I had the pants and T-Shirt still on. But I know what you mean.
I'm ok with naked people on the beach in general, but I'm not so sure if you really need to spread-eagle out so that there is shining a little light down your thighs whenever you yawn.
I was there with my wife and the in-laws and my wife's mother is a gynaecologist. Easy to do a walk by diagnosis. Would have been as easy for an urologist...
Also I find it quite interesting that the ones that are exhibiting themselves in this way are not the ones you care to see naked at all...
But I digress from the photographic topic.
Prieni
I'm ok with naked people on the beach in general, but I'm not so sure if you really need to spread-eagle out so that there is shining a little light down your thighs whenever you yawn.
I was there with my wife and the in-laws and my wife's mother is a gynaecologist. Easy to do a walk by diagnosis. Would have been as easy for an urologist...
Also I find it quite interesting that the ones that are exhibiting themselves in this way are not the ones you care to see naked at all...
But I digress from the photographic topic.
Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Prieni's PPG page
Posted 13/12/2009 - 19:08
Link
I like the nr 1. The sand is so good, that in my eyes the sky is even not adding anything very important. My attention is going to the sand.
Of course, yellow and blue are always good neighbours
Like the first of two green pics as well. The road is as if made for the photo !
Of course, yellow and blue are always good neighbours
Like the first of two green pics as well. The road is as if made for the photo !
Posted 13/12/2009 - 19:12
Link
Cracking images! No 3 has what I would call a really impressive entrance drive!
Cheers
Chris
Cheers
Chris
Posted 13/12/2009 - 19:47
Link
They are beautiful Ralf. The definition in the sand in number 1 really floats my boat And the colours in all of them are spot on as usual.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 13/12/2009 - 20:20
Link
Nice shots Ralf, your dune shots are much better than anything I got.
Gran Canaria has to be the best Island of the Canaries for photography, some of the scenery is breathtaking and the bonus is you can wear shorts and t-shirts in february (not to be advised if you plan a trip into the mountains though:wink
Gran Canaria has to be the best Island of the Canaries for photography, some of the scenery is breathtaking and the bonus is you can wear shorts and t-shirts in february (not to be advised if you plan a trip into the mountains though:wink
Posted 14/12/2009 - 18:02
Link
Very impressive
I have not been to the Canary Islands but these shots make me think that perhaps I should.
I have not been to the Canary Islands but these shots make me think that perhaps I should.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1469 posts
22 years
Rostock,
Germany
The beach of Maspalomas is what I call a sandy beach:
[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Prieni/Gran%20Canaria/_RDP4925.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Prieni/Gran%20Canaria/_RDP4911.jpg[/IMG]
But this island has lots of beauty inland as well:
Remote living
[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Prieni/Gran%20Canaria/_RDP5023.jpg[/IMG]
Green valley
[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Prieni/Gran%20Canaria/_RDP5019.jpg[/IMG]
Prieni
Prieni's PPG page