Gran Canaria
Posted 15/12/2009 - 00:07
Link
Hyram:
Not wanting to Hi-jack Ralfs thread but if you decide to visit the Canaries make sure you make Gran Canaria your first Choice;
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/IMGP2303a.jpg
I can also second Ralfs other suggestion, Fuerteventura is a good place for the Barbary Ground Squirels (mistakenly called chipmunks)
Not wanting to Hi-jack Ralfs thread but if you decide to visit the Canaries make sure you make Gran Canaria your first Choice;
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/IMGP2303a.jpg
I can also second Ralfs other suggestion, Fuerteventura is a good place for the Barbary Ground Squirels (mistakenly called chipmunks)
Posted 15/12/2009 - 11:19
Link
Prieni wrote:
Spider,
with shots like that you can hijack my thread any time you like! I think this has some potential for PPing.
Prieni
That Ralf IS the finished imageSpider,
with shots like that you can hijack my thread any time you like! I think this has some potential for PPing.
Prieni
Actually its one I had to lighten up a lot to get it to print out OK, I still have the original file somewhere, this one just happened to be one of the first images I uploaded to my photobucket.
I entered this into a Camera Club competition and called it "The Big Country", the judge thought it was taken somewhere in the USA
Posted 15/12/2009 - 11:27
Link
Didn't mean that it was NOT the finished product, just think that there is something more in it. This more, however, might be a more for me, not a more for you (or anyone else).
I can see why the judge was misled, I can easily imagine such a landscape on Kauai, for example. The shapes do remind me of Colorado or such...
Prieni
I can see why the judge was misled, I can easily imagine such a landscape on Kauai, for example. The shapes do remind me of Colorado or such...
Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Prieni's PPG page
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1469 posts
22 years
Rostock,
Germany
Aiki, here's one without the sky (I took some shots of sand only...)
[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Prieni/Gran%20Canaria/_RDP4924fc.jpg[/IMG]
As you can see it's the same bit of sand as in #1
Chris, I agree. And you see visitors coming well before they arrive.
Howard, I also like the light in No. 4. I'm very tempted to alter that one white shed-roof, though. The light is partly due to changing the gamma in Silkypix.
Tim, thanks for the praise. I always fiddle a bit with the colours, first in colour temperature in the raw converter, later with taking out a bit of saturation after darkening some areas. Glad you like them.
Alan, perhaps I was lucky to pick the right day for the outing. I would have preferred early morning or late afternoon but it wasn't possible as we were staying in Las Palmas and I was not travelling alone.
Gran Canaria is the only island of the Canaries that I have been to, but I believe that Fuerteventura has plenty of photo ops as well. Might be worth checking out...
Hyram, it certainly is worth a trip, especially when the weather is dull and wet in Europe (and my definition of Europe does include Britain ).
Having said that, you can get wet there too if you stand in the wrong place:
[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Prieni/_RDP5281fc.jpg[/IMG]
Prieni
Prieni's PPG page