GPS for Pentax K5, Kr, 645D
Posted 05/06/2011 - 17:37
Link
Eye-Fi have SDHC cards that Geotag from Wi-Fi Hotspots.
http://www.eye.fi/how-it-works/features/geotagging
http://www.eye.fi/how-it-works/features/geotagging
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 05/06/2011 - 17:48
Link
Sadly only in the city you might find wifi hotspots though
Posted 05/06/2011 - 17:58
Link
If you've got Apple Gear they have already recorded where you've been
Ask them nicely to Geotag your photos If they haven't already
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/04/iphone-tracks/
Ask them nicely to Geotag your photos If they haven't already
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/04/iphone-tracks/
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 05/06/2011 - 20:28
Link
Algernon wrote:
If you've got Apple Gear they have already recorded where you've been
Ask them nicely to Geotag your photos If they haven't already
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/04/iphone-tracks/
If you have an Android phone, the same is also true Algi, link from the same site.If you've got Apple Gear they have already recorded where you've been
Ask them nicely to Geotag your photos If they haven't already
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/04/iphone-tracks/
With all the excitement surrounding this GPS unit I actually decided to get off my backside to workout what I could do with the kit I already have and found out that I have been rather stupidly lazy and just saved myself £200!
The kind of photos I want to geotag are all the nature shoots I'm currently doing and with the kit I have, that normally means staying put in one spot. Simple answer? Take a photo with my iPhone as this does indeed automatically Geotag the photo. Getting this information into my photos is also A LOT easier than I thought as Aperture will just grab the location from the iPhone photo as seen here.
Location data also gets transferred to the iPhone when syncing albums to it which makes it easier to share locations when I meet up with fellow shooters and exchange tips etc.
Cannot believe just how stupidly lazy I have been in not sorting this out before! Now off to tag all my photos!
Posted 05/06/2011 - 20:46
Link
Unlocker wrote:
With all the excitement surrounding this GPS unit I actually decided to get off my backside to workout what I could do with the kit I already have and found out that I have been rather stupidly lazy and just saved myself £200!
To be frank, the Pentax GPS unit does a bit more then just geotag but if that's all you need then indeed there are far cheaper options avaiable also.With all the excitement surrounding this GPS unit I actually decided to get off my backside to workout what I could do with the kit I already have and found out that I have been rather stupidly lazy and just saved myself £200!
Many smartphones have GPS that can do the same thing and there are cheap GPS loggers avaible as well.
There are even watches that record your movement with GPS...
http://www.suunto.com/en-US/Products/Outdoor/suunto-X10/Suunto-X10/
Posted 05/06/2011 - 21:31
Link
Looked into that a while ago Stefan, especially when Apple opened up the iPhones multitasking to all developers, but most reviews were showing that the battery was getting drained really fast with the loggers, some as little as 4 hours and there was no way I was going to do that.
The 'take an iphone photo - add GPS from iPhone option in Aperture 3' is just so damn easy that I'm kicking my self for not having looked into it before. The only option missing that I would like would be which direction I was facing in. Will now have to look and see if the compass data is added to iPhone photos.
The 'take an iphone photo - add GPS from iPhone option in Aperture 3' is just so damn easy that I'm kicking my self for not having looked into it before. The only option missing that I would like would be which direction I was facing in. Will now have to look and see if the compass data is added to iPhone photos.
Posted 05/06/2011 - 22:00
Link
Unlocker wrote:
Will now have to look and see if the compass data is added to iPhone photos.
If so that still wouldn't be very usefull for your photos taken with the other camera unless you're planning to take a photo with your DSLR and then with your phone every time but that gets really time consuming I think.
Will now have to look and see if the compass data is added to iPhone photos.
Posted 05/06/2011 - 22:37
Link
Not a problem for what I need.
Quote:
The kind of photos I want to geotag are all the nature shoots I'm currently doing and with the kit I have, that normally means staying put in one spot.
Just the one iphone photo needed per location and it's normally one location a day.
The kind of photos I want to geotag are all the nature shoots I'm currently doing and with the kit I have, that normally means staying put in one spot.
Posted 06/06/2011 - 11:02
Link
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



574 posts
19 years
Hampshire,
UK
Also on 500px